Hang On Refugium for a 10 Gall Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

migoy1201

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Guys,

I just want to know if you have specs for a (DIY) fuge? I want to build one for my 10 gall tank. If its not much of asking kindly provide me the specs and tips on how to build one...

Thank you very much and more power

Welcome to AA!

I'm not sure that a HOB Refugium is going to work very well on a 10g tank. You could always drill the 10g and plumb a refugium in below the tank.

People have converted HOB power filters into mini-fuges but I'm not sure if there is a lot of benefit there. With enough LR and frequent PWCs (at least once a week) you can have a very successful 10g tank.

People tend to use Aquaclear 110's and with a simple modification (baffle) can be made into a refugium where macroalgaes can grow or whatever you plan to use the space for. Two 50w heaters (Visitherm or Tronic) fit vertically as well, although, you'd really only need a single heater. If you just want to diy for the heck of it, then I would head over to nano-reef.com where I'm sure the diy section has many refugium threads.

Back
Top Bottom