HELP?!? 29g Biocube Stand build...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lessa99

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well, so far I haven't really gotten my "build" off the ground! Between working full time and taking full time classes, I am beat. Maybe it is because of lack of sleep, but I can not figure out how to build my stand! My measurements always end up being off! I am not a super handy dude, but am learning as I go!

If anyone can help me come up with some concrete PLANS or INSTRUCTIONS to help me build this stand, I would be most grateful!

Thanks Friends!

Is there no skilled craftsmen in here? I have seen some beautiful stands built here, so can I get some help?!?

I have a 29 gallon bio cube with the stand. Let me know if you need dimension or pics.

To guide somebody through a stand build is a tall order. Making plans and a guide is a lot of work. Your best bet is to look on YouTube for some DIY tank stand videos. It's not hard to find resources and guide for that kind of project. It may seem frustrating but don't get discouraged. I built my stand and it took a table saw, band saw, router and router table. Honestly, a few videos on the subject would be the best place to start. If you have specific questions on how to do a specific part of a build it would be easier to answer.

Most craftsmen have a pile of books that we refer to as we move through a project. At least when we're doing our first projects or making a certain joint or piece for the first time.

I gave the OP the dimensions of the stand. I was under the impression he was gonna take a stab at it. Not sure what exactly the OP is asking for short of someone building it.

Not being rude just saying I thought I answered you OP, what happened to the information I have you in the other thread? You said you were gonna go for it, did something happen?

Hey Convict, I am going to give it a go with the dimensions you did give me, I just thought it couldn't hurt for extra advice...Sorry, this thread can be closed....My apologies

Don't feel bad about asking. Learning to build a tank stand, or anything, is a process. If you don't have experience building things you just have to go through it (the process). My first stand looked pretty sad but my next stand was 20 times better. There wasn't much I could do other than to try, be unsatisfied, then learn what I could to make a better one. It's like reef keeping. There's so much to learn and lots of little mistakes along the way. It's easier if you have a friend or family member who has some experience and can help you out. If not, read, watch some how-to videos, cut wood and see what you end up with. But seriously, if you have specific questions you should definitely definitely ask. We can't give you an in depth step by step illustrated guide to your stand, but we can help with specifics, one step at a time. Just remember that this is your project. You'll have to own it.

Lessa99 said:
Hey Convict, I am going to give it a go with the dimensions you did give me, I just thought it couldn't hurt for extra advice...Sorry, this thread can be closed....My apologies

No harm, thought something happened. Good luck and keep us posted! Would like to see pics!

Back
Top Bottom