Help- wiring my new lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

christopherkath

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello and thanks 4 looking :) I ordered a "DIY cf retrofit" and when they said DIY they really meant it. :x I have put 2 photos in my gallery to help illustrate my problem.
Ok now when I look at this starting at the power end do I wire the neg. and the ground together? Will that ground it well enough? What do I use to protect the wires from the saltwater?
Now on the other end I have 3 wires coming out going to a 4 pin socket. what do I do here?
If i have to do this on my own I'm sure to blow something up
:cry:
I also read something about hooking your fans up to this power supply. Is this a good idea?
TIA - Chris

what photos ? "I also read something about hooking your fans up to this power supply. Is this a good idea? " No this in not, if you have a 110 fan you can hook it up to a 110 switch the rund your fan and power supply, but no fan to PS..

Fans would be connected to a different power supply, not a PC ballast.

There are no photos in your gallery that pertain to DIY lighting/wiring...just 2 pics of corals.

Where did you get this DIY kit? What brand of ballast? I suggest you speak with whomever recommended what you purchased.

THe photos have been aproved and are there now. thank you. I bought the lights off eBay because I couldn't find anything else b4 and now I have found a couple of 20" fixtures. Dont really wnat to try to return so I'm going to try to make the best of a bad situation.

the 2 red wire get hooked togeter and then go to 2 of the pins on the socket. the one yellow wire have to go to the last 2 pin of the socket. the pul that hooks to the wall has a black green and a white wire. the black gose to the black white gose to the white and the green is grown. i ALWAYS ground the ballest. if you dont and you touch it you will get shock. hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom