Homemade 3 day feeders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jandj1

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just wondering if anyone here has made their own 3 day (weekend) feeders and how you did it.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I had an idea.once involving a old cell phone and a tray.. I'd set the phone up with the tray fastened to it, pile some flake food in separate spots.. I'd call the phone once a day, while it vibrated the food would make its way into the tank.. not bad huh? Haha I bailed on that plan and asked my friend to stop by instead.. really a 3 day fast would be good for them anyways.. just give them a good feed the the night before..followed by a wc before you go..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

We saw a video online of a similar set up (cell phone, a soda bottle cut in half and a few other things), theory works but I dunno about application. Trying to find this out for our up coming holidays .

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The best approach is having a trusted acquaintance stop by every other day and feed pre-portioned servings.. hide the rest of the food to remove all temptarion of over feeding.. they'll all say "but they still looked hungry..."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

unless there fry I would let them go 3 days without food unless you have someone
experienced with feeding your type of fish
over feeding will do more harm than a 3 day fast , I have left my fish for a week many times

Actually we ended up using omega one 3 day feeders and let them fast 1 day

Sent from my XT1032 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom