How to build a in tank waterfall?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
youd need an internal filter,like a tetra whisper or smthing and have rocks and stuff to hide it

alLexX said:
youd need an internal filter,like a tetra whisper or smthing and have rocks and stuff to hide it

I am not sure if I understand what you are saying? The waterfall in the picture is under water.

Grizz said:
It's done with sand someone has a thread on here im sure

I searched the form for sand waterfalls and there are some threads on it. So I guess I have all the help I need, but thanks anyways!

yes but it's sand they took the pic with a slow shutter speed so it looks like water search youtube theres lot of how too's there. Do let us know if you decide to build one :)
I have to much flow in my tank for it to work

Grizz said:
yes but it's sand they took the pic with a slow shutter speed so it looks like water search youtube theres lot of how too's there. Do let us know if you decide to build one :)
I have to much flow in my tank for it to work

I was just thinking about that (too much water flow) amd I think I have the same problem. I have a fx5 and a fluval 305 both on the 75 gallon tank. O well :(

Does anyone have any experience with any of these sandfalls in this link? http://www.aquaglobe.com/select01.html#prod01 I think the one at the top of the page looks good but I don't know how well it would work. I am also trying to figure out a way to attach some tubing so the bubbles wont be coming out the back. Any thoughts?

That's not sand pouring out of there but water. You can make a waterfall with a submersible pump running the water line up the back of piles of rock or you can stack the rock or slate around your current filter to give the appearance of a water fall.

If using a pump, you want it powerful enough to pull the water up but not so powerful that it causes too much splash or noise.

AquaTramp said:
That's not sand pouring out of there but water. You can make a waterfall with a submersible pump running the water line up the back of piles of rock or you can stack the rock or slate around your current filter to give the appearance of a water fall.

If using a pump, you want it powerful enough to pull the water up but not so powerful that it causes too much splash or noise.

That is a good idea, but this water fall is underwater. So you have to have something more dense than water.

its sand.. with an air pump. Theres an air line going down into a chamber with sand in it.. the bubles lift the sand, its all pushed foreward, the bubbles are pushed through a vent and the sand then falls down a path (down a face of a rock) and falls back into the chamber

Back
Top Bottom