Just cant get it together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqua_Omega

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a overflow sump tank and I have the u shape tubes with the airline hose cyphering down to the sump and have a pump to channel the water back in the fish tank ,now the problem is how do I get flow to even out ,there no flow control switch on the pump,do I'm pumping out more water then going in so i cyphered more airline tubes one at a time and now the pump not pumping it fast enough and keeps passing the water line .....I NEED HELP ,PLEASE!!!

image-4210396730.jpg

If im understanding this right

Your pump is rated for to much gph then what the overflow box can handle. Without buying a new pump you can add a ball valve on the hose coming from the pump to.slow it down.

If im understanding this right

Your pump is rated for to much gph then what the overflow box can handle. Without buying a new pump you can add a ball valve on the hose coming from the pump to.slow it down.

I have one on there already and that's part of the problem cause when I slow the flow from the pump the sump start to raise above waterline then vise versa

So when you dial back the return pump the sump might overflow? Also be careful as some pumps don't do well with a ball valve slowing them down. The use of a T and a valve to divert return pressure is safer for the pump.

I don't see it on the picture. But there is usually one screw on the inside cup (that hooks to a part on the outside cup) that adjust ls the water level in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom