Looking for replacement stright-pin socket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BillyZ

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a set of Coralife dual-bulb compact flourencent light fixutres (like this) on my tank. Some salt creep got up into one of the units has has corroded one of the sockets and that bulb no longer works (pin fell right out from the corrosion).

Does anyone know where i might be able to buy a replacement socket? I just need the little black plastic base that the bulb plugs into. I did some brief searching but didn't find anything. I was hoping some of you DIY gurus might know where to get something along these lines and save me some search time.

What you are looking for is called a "tombstone"
Electrical section Lowes, Home Depot, and some well stocked hardware stores.
I might suggest you take the other end tombstone off and take it with you.
They make many and they do come in sizes tall and short to fit different fixtures.
Hope this helps.

I forgot you can go to Catalina Aquarium and they have straight pins on their fixtures I will bet they can hook you up for not much money , they may sell in pairs only tho :)

Thank you all for the links. I did a bit more searching over the weekend and did find 1 ro 2 places that offer the sockets. I tried Home Depot and, at least the one i went to, only had the standard flourecent "tombstones".

I found 1 other place that offered replacement fans for them, which i also need, but not the fans and the sockets, of course. So I'll check out these links and see if I cand find one that offers both the sockets and fans *crosses fingers*

Back
Top Bottom