Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-01-2015, 12:25 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Making a Fish Pond, need some advice and help.

Hello everyone,
I'm planning to make a pond in my backyard, measuring 14X8 feet. But one major thing is making me worried. I saw many videos in Youtube on making a pond. Problem is, I don't have a pond liner available in my city nor in my state. So what's the alternate to it or any substitute for it?
I bought a plastic sheet which is considerably thick but not strechable like pond liner. I bought the highest quality available in the market. So, what should be done first in the garden to setup everything.
Attached are the pics of the garden where I'll building the pond and the plastic sheet I bought.
Every suggestions and help is heartly welcomed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1438402666024.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	257.5 KB
ID:	275940

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1438402802458.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	275941

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1438402936334.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	255.5 KB
ID:	275942

Sent from my SM-N910H

maninder.vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 06:41 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
That plastic will deteriorate in the sun light. You will end up with leaks. If you can find some swimming pool liner that would work. I got some from an old above ground swimming pool. You can also use bentonite clay easily found as cheap clay cat litter. Here is a link on how to use it and what to look for
Tiny pond, brilliant or stupid? - Permaculture Forums from the Permaculture Research Institute
You can Google DIY kitty litter pond liner and find lots of how toos.

I am going to try this soon myself to reseal a natural frog pond I messed up by trying to deepen it. I took out the natural clay liner and now the water leaks out.
wildroseofky is offline   Reply With Quote

advice, fish, pond

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com