I can't take any pictures. I've sold the inhabitants of both of my reef tanks. I also sold my 55 gal
. I'm left with my 75 gal
tank that is going to become FW
. I have a sump on the tank, but it is a sump/wet-dry. It is not a Rubbermaid container. I'll look and see if I have some old pictures I can post. I'll also gladly answer any questions.
I had pvc
running from the overflow into the sump. I just used 45 and 90 deg elbows to change direction. I cut holes in the side (near the top) of the sump, through which the pvc
went through. The overflow emptied into the inner can (the plastic garbage can), then overflowed into the main sump (the Rubbermaid container). The main pump was located inside the Rubbermaid container. I used a HOB
skimmer placed on the inner can. It worked great because the water level in the inner can remained constant.