When I went to put everything together the barbed elbows ended up being the extra part instead of the barbed t's and smaller rubber stoppers. The pipe simply refused to slip over the ends of the elbows. In the end I don't mind that much as the final product still looks good and is functioning as well as I'd hoped. I've got a lot more flow in the tanks and it is much more evenly spread through out. This should help ensure that nutrients and CO2
make it to all parts of the tank.
So far the cories really seem to like the change and were immediately frolicking in the currents. It's been awhile since I've seen them playing this much.
Here's a picture of the spray bar in my 2.5 gallon before completely filling the tank.