Prego like crazy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubbles0oO

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have tons of live Bearers and most of my females are prego big time! Squared out and all , I exited but I have too many prego fish for my breeder box to hold I have a net can u help me think of a DIY sort of breeders neyt it's late and I can't go to any stores but I really want these fry! Thanks

Bubbles0oO said:
I have tons of live Bearers and most of my females are prego big time! Squared out and all , I exited but I have too many prego fish for my breeder box to hold I have a net can u help me think of a DIY sort of breeders neyt it's late and I can't go to any stores but I really want these fry! Thanks

Could create a lot of hiding spot or DIY net from YouTube I made one from there.

I have Los of hiding spots but my fry aren exactly well smart they mostly get eaten and I have a net and could make a frame but this needs to happen like right now lol I don't wan to go to bed and me these fry get eaten!

Cut a gallon jug in half...poke holes throughout (small enough so fry can't escape) and clip it to the edge of your tank. A little ghetto but it works. ;)

fry boxes

cut plenty of 2 ltr bottles off about 2/3 rds way up then make tiny holes in bottle so circulation can happen and flot them in tank changing water about every day so no ammonia build up

thanks guys, im going to make some of the milk ones! how do you suggest i clip them? i have lots of yarn i guess i could tie them ( i have a shelf above my tank i could tie them to)

im working on setting up a 10 gal for my male beta (soon to have a female beta) to breed in the sumer i will have it divided up in three sections

1: male beta
2: female beta
3: fry

how does it sound? i know how hard beta breeding is and im up to the challange im going to do it during the summer bcause i can watch and learn, and also not let the female get killed !

thanks guys, im going to make some of the milk ones! how do you suggest i clip them? i have lots of yarn i guess i could tie them ( i have a shelf above my tank i could tie them to)

You could use clothes pins. Or those big clips for stacks of paper. :)

Jill said:
Cut a gallon jug in half...poke holes throughout (small enough so fry can't escape) and clip it to the edge of your tank. A little ghetto but it works. ;)

Lol that's a great idea!

Haha ghetto is fun when it comes to fish tanks! I'm gonna be making home-made caves with polymer clay! ^^

Oh for hanging you could deform the paper clip to go through holes in the carton and then use the other end to kind of hang on the edge of the tank! Or wire would work nicely too! My inspiration was sparked by the guy who mentioned paper clips ^^

Lol thanks guys! I might be getting another breeder net but now I'm reconsidering!

Back
Top Bottom