trying to identify a cap?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chafire

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, was hoping someone could help me identify these white caps because I've been looking online for ones similar to these and have had no luck.

224185583_350ff659df_o.jpg

Thanks,
~Graham

thats what i was thinking too... alot like what my python has... you can probably take one down to a local hardware store or even a chain like lowes or home depot and get them cheaper than ordering them

Thanks Mad Mech Master,

Those definetely look like what they are but where would I find them in the local lowes/home depot or hardware stoor? would they be located plumbing or electrical? Cause I was walking around the plumbing section for a couple hours putting ideas together and did not see anything that looked like those:confused: maybe just bring a picture and ask an employee?

Thanks,
Graham

whats the purpose of them? if its to run electric cords through, then it would be electrical... if its to attach tubing, then it would probably be in the plumbing section. Looks to me like its for plumbing. Like i said, my python has those on each place where the tubing attaches to the plastic. My ace hardware has them in the plumbing section. looks like this to me

Look in the area where they have the in ground sprinklers. Myself I would take the whole lid with me, I get strange looks but it helps get pointed in the right direction.

try the electrical department, or electrical supply house. I would normally just get something like this as a sample at work.

Mcmaster Carr would have these too, 69915k54 is an example item number.

I will check tomorrow at the local Aubachon but after looking at the Heycoa link I did some further research because I could not figure out how to order them off of that website and found this site:
ElecDirect Cord Grips - Cord Grip Connectors, Cable Glands, Strain Relief Connectors

Yes I want to use these both for electrical and tubing like the below photo:
224185576_fede504313_o.jpg

Just I'm planning on doing mine on a 5 gallon bucket and am going to try and rig it so the heater and Co2 reactor also fit inside it.
22064-albums800-picture5525.jpg

Not sure if I'm going to use that lid I ordered a gamma seal lid so it can screw off but that may be a problem if I have the reactor hanging from the lid like the below photo shows:
22064-albums800-picture5519.jpg

But who knows its a work in progress and I'll see how it comes about when the rest of the parts arrive.

Back
Top Bottom