Water change and transfer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jacobdlaw610

Aquarium Advice Freak
I do a 5 gallon water change every week and tired of lifting and spilling bucket. I don't have the patience level to scoop it out. What kind of water transfer pumps do you guys use. I found some but they require oil in the water inlet ever so often to keep them lubricated. I dont want that Lube oil in my tank so those are out. What's your equipment ?

paytertot said:
Just get a python or a marina aquavac. They work great, Google it. It attaches to your sink.

Sorry I should have said its a saltwater tank I have to mix it and do water tests before it goes in tank

I actually mix my water on top of a sink,in a 5 gallon bucket, and when its ready to get put into the tank during a PWC, I use a hose to siphon water into a 1 gallon bottle, and then dump that into the tank. I just run the hose to the tank and fill up the bottle right next to it, so I don't have to break the siphon with every gallon. I just lift the bottle and the hose high enough to break it, dump the water in, then put the hose back in the 1 gallon, and lower it, repeat... I keep dry and it's pretty quick.

Benamayer said:
I actually mix my water on top of a sink,in a 5 gallon bucket, and when its ready to get put into the tank during a PWC, I use a hose to siphon water into a 1 gallon bottle, and then dump that into the tank. I just run the hose to the tank and fill up the bottle right next to it, so I don't have to break the siphon with every gallon. I just lift the bottle and the hose high enough to break it, dump the water in, then put the hose back in the 1 gallon, and lower it, repeat... I keep dry and it's pretty quick.

Nice that doesnt sound bad thanks for the advice

I just use a 435gph pump by Aqueon. Works great. I do do 35 gallon water changes weekly though, so I need something with some pretty hefty output.

I use a 500gph power head and a 6ft section of a garden hose for any transferring I do. Works very well and was cheap$20 eBay power head $6 hose from Walmart.

Back
Top Bottom