water removal device

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miran3773

Aquarium Advice Activist
We were at the hardware store today looking at piping for a diy water removal device. Anyone make one? Have all the pieces, and know what we are going to do, be nice to see what others have done. Soon picture will come, once it's built. Where we are we can't have one that is built directly from a tap( with the worry of chemicals in the water). Its planned to have it pressure automated, with an over flow set up with a valve to have control over and not worry about running a dry pump or anything

Are you removing water from the main tank for water changes? I installed a PVC pipe in the corner of the tank behind the rock it has a valve on the other end with a hose connection.

Yes it's for water removal, 1/2" piping and some 1/2" flat vinyl tubing thats going to be connected to a bucket under the stand, any pictures?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120226_222618.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120226_222618.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 123
miran3773 said:
Yes it's for water removal, 1/2" piping and some 1/2" flat vinyl tubing thats going to be connected to a bucket under the stand, any pictures?

Perfect. I connected a male hose fitting on the end and when I'm ready to do a PWC I just put a hose on it and run it out to the back yard then bring the hose in to the garage and connect to my 50 gallon drum of SW and pump that water into the tank. No buckets!!!!

miran3773 said:

I'll post a pick ASAP

Noneck56 said:
Perfect. I connected a male hose fitting on the end and when I'm ready to do a PWC I just put a hose on it and run it out to the back yard then bring the hose in to the garage and connect to my 50 gallon drum of SW and pump that water into the tank. No buckets!!!!

Sounds really good!

Back
Top Bottom