12 step program?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Dirty

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was wondering if this AA site has a 12 step program? Thought it would be fun if someone came up with 12 steps for a successful aquarium, just a thought.

A lot of people do things a little bit differently then everybody else. If my dad was to make one, it would probably be missing a lot of common sense things like water dechlorinator. He doesn't use it, doesn't check the temperature of the water putting into the tank. Uses bleach and other chemicals to clean the inside of his tank when getting ready to set it up. He will even think the tank will need to be cleaned so he takes it down and boils all his gravel, plants, everything gets cleaned! But yet no fish will die. I know he does all that wrong. And I try to tell him but he just does it his own way. So our steps would be so far off. The thing that pisses me off is when he comes home from a store and tells me the worker so he could just come home and put his fish in the tank! Even though he knows that a tank cycles and what not.

I Agree it would be funny. Unfortunately I don't think there is a cure known yet...

I am in definite need of 12 steps for MTS!! My husband refuses to believe that 3 tanks is not enough. One of us needs help and he is stomping his feet and beating his chest no more tanks! Grrr, I'll trade him in for a fish tank but I can't get any offers. :)

12 Steps to a successful aquarium:

1. Research
2. Research some more
3. Research fishless cycle
4. Set up aquarium and start fishless cycle
5. Be patient and research
6. Be patient
7. Research more
8. Be patient
9. Water Changes
10. Be patient
11. Water Changes
12. Set up another tank! ;)

What about choosing where to put the tank depending on the sunlight and space etc. Lol. But ya you got it but step 12 is the start to mts

Back
Top Bottom