AA fantasy basketball league is under way:)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Qshark, I have a non-fishy buddy who would be interested in joining.. Are we sticking with AA peeps only?

No, definitely bring him on. :) Anyone can join!!!
PS, I made the stat changes you suggested....thanks.!!

Hey folks, we need more!!! 8)

quarryshark said:
Alright!! You did rather well with the footbal! :) I'm sure you will do fine. We are having an autodraft so you will get the next best ranked player..no worries.
Actually, where is Atari....thought he would join for sure.
Ok folks, 2 more and we have a league. We can take up to 20. :)
but i at least like football :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gonna try and hold the draft sunday evening, in the meantime need 3 more to have 10 teams, we can go with 8 teams but 10 would be better.
Come on, we need at least one more, 3 would be better!!! :)

Excellent!!! We have a league!!
A few more wouldn't hurt, but I think its a go. :)

i thought the draft was auto is it ok that i will not be there qs?

It is an autodraft. I don't think anyone needs to be there once its initiated. Just be sure to prerank your picks so you get some of the players you want.
I am going to start the draft at 8:00 PM on Sunday night, so anyone else who wants to join please do before then. We start play I believe on Wed.

About the Autodraft, can we just do a live draft? Then for anyone who wants to prerank their players they can and it will autodraft their players. Personally it would take me about ten times as long to go through all those players and pre rank than simply just doing a live draft and I simply don't have the time to go through all that stuff. Just a suggestion

I wish we could but after the season starts, Yahoo only allows you to do an autodraft. I like the live draft as well. Maybe do like I did and get your most important player up there so you get a few of them in the first couple of rounds.
Maybe we could have a trading day before we start, so everyone has a shot at getting their perfered players. Might be chaotic though, any Ideas?

Oh ya one rule, since the commissioner resides in the Cleveland area....
He gets LeBron....... 8)

Kidding. :mrgreen:

Excellent, we have 10 teams. :)
Others are welcome to join still, but I need to know the members names so I can dish out the kudos. I know who most of you are, but please sound off so I don't miss anyone. :) Don't forget to prerank your players before the draft. We will all have good teams with the amount of participants. It should be interesting. :wink:
For others that may want to join, the deadline is Sunday at 7:00 PM, we are drafting at 8:00.

Qshark.. I know it's extra work so ignore this if you are busy today, but do you think you could pick a draft order and post it for us?

Since we're not having a live draft it would help a lot with the pre-ranking if we knew what the order was. For example, I wouldn't bother pre-ranking the top 3 guys if I was picking 10th etc.. Plus it would just be nice to know if I'm gonna get an early pick or not :)

Well, there are 2 ways of doing that. I can manually pick a draft order, but how to make that fair is the question. Or once the draft is initiated, it will pick a random draft order. If you guys want me to do it manually, I could do it alphabetically, or reverse alphabetically. Normally I would say lets draw straws....lol
What do you all think? Take our chances with a random order, or do it alphabetically? Atari, I already know what you would like...lol
I also have to close the league to pick a draft order, I can set a deadline for this afternoon if we are happy with the 10 teams.
Input is welcome.

It sounds silly but I used to pick names out of a hat, lol... If no one else is bothered then we can just let Yahoo pick the order.. I guess I'm the only one that's dying to know who I'm gonna get first.

Closing the league is probably a good idea anyway.. at this stage it's important not to get stuck with an odd number of teams.

I can pick names out of a hat. I'll give it a few hours to see if anyone objects and then proceed and post the result. Giving everyone the day tomorrow to get their preferences set.
Yes, the league is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom