AA fantasy basketball league is under way:)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Qshark, is it too late to stop the draft?

I just noticed you have the league set as rotisserie and we want head-to-head!

I changed it, no problem. That change also changed out starting date to week 7.
I was informed that the draft will be held between now and Thursday. I'll keep you all posted.
Wish I would have known that, would have changed us to ready earlier. :roll:

OK, joining kudos are given out, except for the "Triggers"? Don't know who that is.

Week 7 starts tomorrow so I hope the draft happens a lot earlier than Thursday or it's gonna be a very short scoring week.

Dang.. my preranking only lasted 7 rounds, so half my team sucks.

Atleast I got my fav player though :)

Quick Q by the noob!

I have 5 players scheduled to play in a real live game tonight. Should thos players be the ones holding positions on my fantasy team?

Can someone PLEASE give a quick overview of this, and how it works. I have read all the stuff in the help part of yahoo, but maybe you can shed some light on it for me. :wink:

Under the format that has been chosen for this league, you should start everybody who plays for you on a particular night. Personally I don't like this format because it has no game played maximum so basically every day you have to log in and change your players, it's a total pain. Either there should be a max games played limit for the week or you should only be able to edit the starting positions once a week.

Actually this format is better for that reason precisely.. btw there's nothing to stop you setting your roster for the whole week - it only takes 1 or 2 mins.

At least in this format if you get an injury midweek you can do something about it.

Yup, looks like we need to juggle players every night. OK by me, forces us to keep up with it.

looks like we need to juggle players every night. OK by me, forces us to keep up with it
I agree...if you wanna to win you have to keep.
BTW my top player went down with a sprained ankle..looks like this first nite is going to you..we still have the rest of the week,,good luck.. your gonna need it :wink:

Yeah you have to rotate your players regularly siince they dont play games everyday.. but as I said before theres no reason you cant set your roster for the whole week ahead and then just keep an eye out for injuries.

It's pretty rare to have all 10 positions filled more than a couple times a week so theres not much to think about really.. just start anyone who's playing that night.

As far as scoring, it's like a win/loss record for each stat category... so every morning you'll see the current record against your opponent, and then on Monday the final accumulative score for that week will be reflected in the overall league score table. Basically you can get a potential 12 wins every week because there are 12 stat categories.

So a bit like the football, it's not how good your team is but how good it is compared to the team you are playing against that week, which I think makes it a bit more interesting than just a standard points league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom