Antique Hunters - Any Help is Appreciated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bearfan

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm looking for a vase, well, my mother's been looking for a vase for as long as I can remember with no luck.

It's made by Duncan Miller (although it may be labeled a Fenton due to popular confusion). It's a hobnail hat vase that is tall and clear - no opalescence or coloration of the glass. It looks like the attached pic, just tall (not 2 1/2 or 4").

I doubt this will help, but I'm in canvas the neighborhood mode.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 13501a.jpg
    13501a.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 199
Have you tried looking at online sites? Ebay is a great one for antiques. Not the most traditional way to go I know, but it could pop up. I sell antiques on ebay for my father, and I'm amazed at the amount of antiques people are selling.

Good luck.

You probably did a lot of google searching -- but here's a site I found:
http://www.icollectorbazaar.com/duncanmillerglass.shtml

Duncan Miller has a museum in Washington, PA, which is an hour or so south of Pittsburgh. In the Washington area, there are many antique shops. Maybe there are a lot of "needles" around here! I'm guessing the vase you want is an antique. I went to the Fenton glass shop in our new mall and they didn't have anything remotely like the vase in the picture.

Here are some websites:
http://cityofantiques.com/ Canonsburg, near Washington
Antique shops near Washington, PA

If you don't mind doing some internet searching on these sites, or making some phone calls, maybe you'll get some leads! Good luck!

Ahh, I got confused, I thought he said he wanted the smaller one. I know I've seen a larger one before, my parents bought out a collector a few years back but I'm sure they have sold everything by now.

I saw this when you first posted bearfan, and I just want you to know that I keep an eye out when I go antiquing. I really hope you find one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom