Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-22-2011, 09:09 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

anyone kayak fish?

I was thinking about getting into this and I have a few questions.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:11 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I kayak, but I do not fish and I know very little about fishing. If you have questions about the kayaking part I may be able to help.

severum mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:11 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ahh well the only way id be able to transport my kayak would be a cadillac deville. I was thinking of buying one of those racks that attach to the top of the car and attaching a kayak rack to that.
How do you transport yours?
And also I was wondering if I had to worry about the kayak being longer than my car.

I've kinda been dreaming of this for a few years and I think I'm gonna get one within the next few months.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:52 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

We have a Ford Explorer SUV that has a roof rack, and we bought something called a Big Stack from Yakima that attaches to the cross bars on the roof rack. It's basically a kit with 2 arms that fold down when you aren't using them. There are hooks on top of the arms where the straps go, and you can carry 2 kayaks with them. There are also kayak "cradles" that attach to the roof rack, that probably let you avoid scratching the heck out of your roof unlike the Big Stack.

If we had a roof rack, we could carry the kayaks on our Camry. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to carry one on the Caddy. The only thing stopping us is that those roof racks (at least the Yakima and Thule brands) are VERY expensive, like $500-600 I think.
severum mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:16 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Just as a warning, I saw a video on the news today about a man and his son kayak fishing and they hooked a 7 foot shark lol
Old 08-23-2011, 09:21 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Well i dont fish from a kayak but we use kayaks for shark fishing from shore to deploy our baits several hundreds yards away from shores
Old 08-23-2011, 09:22 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

i kayak fish with my dad when we go on vacation,ask and ill try to help
Old 08-23-2011, 11:24 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by severum mama
We have a Ford Explorer SUV that has a roof rack, and we bought something called a Big Stack from Yakima that attaches to the cross bars on the roof rack. It's basically a kit with 2 arms that fold down when you aren't using them. There are hooks on top of the arms where the straps go, and you can carry 2 kayaks with them. There are also kayak "cradles" that attach to the roof rack, that probably let you avoid scratching the heck out of your roof unlike the Big Stack.

If we had a roof rack, we could carry the kayaks on our Camry. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to carry one on the Caddy. The only thing stopping us is that those roof racks (at least the Yakima and Thule brands) are VERY expensive, like $500-600 I think.
I saw a roof rack from thule on the internet that was about $50 yesterday. It had 1 inch diameter crossbars.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:24 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrown4u
Just as a warning, I saw a video on the news today about a man and his son kayak fishing and they hooked a 7 foot shark lol
That would be great! I would feel so accomplished
Old 08-24-2011, 12:34 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Haha yea, they video'd it and got on the news

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com