Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-19-2012, 06:42 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist
The bottles all have child resistant lids on them.

A(Mum), M(9 yo) & H (7 yo)
Sushi (fantail) & Lucky Fin (Lionhead) in 55L
6g Fluval Edge Betta tank in the pipeline
SushiLuckyFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Originally Posted by ilovefish7
He also has kids, so are the chemicals safe on skin? Just in case they get ahold of it some how?
When I first got my kit, one of my lids was faulty. When I was shaking my ammonia results, a few drops came out of the top. My son tried to wipe it up before i noticed and I noticed he got a bit on his thumb. We ran to the sink and washed like crazy, but the next day he had a little peely spot on his finger. In short, I do not test when my son is around. And my kit goes up HIGH on a shelf. The bottles lock, but other things can happen. Just wanted to share my experience. As long as your friend is careful he should be fine

However, I have gotten the undiluted chemicals on my own skin, and had no issues.

"Be exactly who you want to be, do what you want to do! I am he and she is she, but, you're the only YOU!"
christine2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:21 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist
This thread reminded me of when someone thinks they are asking a stupid question or doing something wrong and they use "their friend" when it is really them inquiring. lol

Don't matter to me but I just thought it was funny! tell "your friend" to post pics when he starts it up!
sally pu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak
The liquid test kit is 1000xs better but I would buy it off of amazon.com. much cheaper! I love to shop around and normally the internet is where its at. Other than that everyones pretty much got it covered. Also have your friend research fishless cycling and to also research their possible stocking they are wanting to have
aaronjohn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok thank you

ilovefish7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com