Best books for newbies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've been looking to expand the fish and aquarium section of my little home library, so I figured I'd start up this little thread to see what books have been most helpful to people, whether you are a newbie or a die-hard aquarium hobbyist, whether you are into freshwater or saltwater.

I figure this thread might also be helpful to other people who are looking for great books to have on hand!

So here goes.... Give the type of aquarium it involves (saltwater, freshwater, both), the name of the book, and a quick description of why you like the book.

Mine:

Saltwater
"The New Marine Aqarium: Step-by-step Setup and Stocking Guide"
This book goes into great detail of the setup of a saltwater aquarium. It offers several checklists that allow you to make sure you have exactly what you need to setup your aquarium. It profiles some of the best, and worst fish to start off with, and it lists the basics of diseases you may come across.

Freshwater
"Aquariums: The complete Guide to Freshwater and Saltwater Aquariums"
While its not the best guide in the world, it does give some decent information about the basic setup of both fresh and saltwater aquariums. It goes over daily/weekly/monthly maintenance, and it talks briefly about euthanasia, diseases, and breeding. It does give some decent profiles of some basic fish , too.

I do not have a book yet, but I will defiantly be taking a look at "The New Marine Aqarium: Step-by-step Setup and Stocking Guide" :thanks:

The Duke 8705 said:
I do not have a book yet, but I will defiantly be taking a look at "The New Marine Aqarium: Step-by-step Setup and Stocking Guide" :thanks:

I have that book. A good read I must say. I learned alot.

Back
Top Bottom