Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-18-2005, 05:43 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Psyhampster Send a message via Yahoo to Psyhampster
umm... the 20 gal! Got me started on this whole gig.

http://www.aquarank.com/images/users/1.gif Vote For Us!

20 gal FW
----------
2 Flame Blue Platies, 2 Micky Mouse Platies, 2 Flame Gold Platies, 1 German Blue Ram, 2 Yo-Yo Loaches

30 gal FW
--------

1 Marble Hatchet, 5 Silver Hatchets, 6 Zebra Danios, 2 Dwarf Gouramis, 2 Fancy Guppies, 1 Yo-Yo Loach
Old 01-18-2005, 06:14 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

I would have to say pressurized CO2 also, Brian - even though my husband gave it to me, he would not have done so if I had not hinted and sent him the links!

Simple as it is, another thing would be a feeding ring, so the food does not go flying all over the tank. I am surprised at how much I appreciate that.

Old 01-18-2005, 06:19 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
I am going to go with the 75-gal set up as a whole =o)

It makes me happy!

Old 01-18-2005, 10:04 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
The surface-skimmer attachment for my Fluval canister. Best $15 I spent last year.
Can you explain how that works? I have seen tiny pics of it, but couldn't tell how it works
Old 01-18-2005, 10:11 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

My 20 gallon tank.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:41 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomK2
Quote:
The surface-skimmer attachment for my Fluval canister. Best $15 I spent last year.
Can you explain how that works? I have seen tiny pics of it, but couldn't tell how it works
I didn't have any other skimming devices in the tank, and my wet dry inlet is just a PVC tube, so there was always a scummy oil slick on top of the water.

The surface-skimmer attaches with suction cups to the wall of the tank. You attach the Fluval inlet hose near the bottom of the vertically-mounted tube. The top is open-ended with a free-floating tube inside the larger tube. There is a large screw at the top that allows you to dial in the suction from the bottom intake. The more pressure at the bottom, the harder it pulls the top tube down, skimming the surface. As you release the pressure at the bottom, the top tube rises and skims less.

Alright, so this thing is really hard to explain. I'd take a pic but my camera doesn't work. Anyway, you'll figure it out easily once you get it. The surface of my water is crystal clear now.

And the men who spurred us on sit in judgment of all wrong, they decide and the shotgun sings the song.

125 SW
80 lb LR
330w PC
Euphyllia, Alveopora, Pachyclauvularia (Metallic Green and Daisy), Frogspawn, Torch, Gold Nepthea, Kenya Tree, Galaxea, Pulsing Xenia, various leather (umbrella, toadstool, fingers, devil fingers, lettuce)
Maroon Clown/White tip LT anemone, Powder Blue Tang, Female Swallow Angel, SixLine Wrasse, Solar Fairy Wrasse, Firefish, Fathead Anthias, Blue Mandarin, 3 Chromis, 3 Green Gobies
Old 01-18-2005, 10:57 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Can someone post a link to the Fluval skimming attachment? Please!

Old 01-18-2005, 11:02 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

My auto top off setup.

Jim
Old 01-18-2005, 11:09 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Here's the same deal I got on Ebay, same seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

And the men who spurred us on sit in judgment of all wrong, they decide and the shotgun sings the song.

125 SW
80 lb LR
330w PC
Euphyllia, Alveopora, Pachyclauvularia (Metallic Green and Daisy), Frogspawn, Torch, Gold Nepthea, Kenya Tree, Galaxea, Pulsing Xenia, various leather (umbrella, toadstool, fingers, devil fingers, lettuce)
Maroon Clown/White tip LT anemone, Powder Blue Tang, Female Swallow Angel, SixLine Wrasse, Solar Fairy Wrasse, Firefish, Fathead Anthias, Blue Mandarin, 3 Chromis, 3 Green Gobies
Old 01-19-2005, 03:21 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Mine has to be this:
Silent Air B11 Battery Back-up Pump

It kicks in automatically when the power goes out and gives me a little piece of mind.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com