Can You Guess?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Innovator

Aquarium Advice Addict
Since I have nothing better to do at the moment, guess the animal!

Attachments

• Alien.jpg
    Alien.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 73
  • Alien2.jpg
    Alien2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 78
Hmmm, knowing James, it's going to be something off the wall! Looking at the back feet, it looks like some sort of sloth, but the webbed front feet are throwing me off?

Ok, this isn't entirely fair seeing I'm an Aussie and a zoologist, but I'm guessing a baby echidna (the monotreme, not the moray eel). And I see I'm not the first one to guess it.

Tony

I'd have said that its an ant-eater of some sort, purely based on the size/shape of the snout. I wouldn't profess to know which species but it does look like an echidna going off the photo link bs6749 posted.

I also wouldn't be brave enough to correct a zoologist

I'd have said that its an ant-eater of some sort, purely based on the size/shape of the snout. I wouldn't profess to know which species but it does look like an echidna going off the photo link bs6749 posted.

I also wouldn't be brave enough to correct a zoologist

The reason that I thought anteater was also because of the snout and I saw a tongue sticking out, but then I looked up an adult pic of an anteater and saw that they have decent sized ears, which the baby seemed to lack. Everyone else said echidna so a quick google of "baby echidna pics" pulled up the one that looks JUST like the one posted.

Back
Top Bottom