Craigslist Good Finds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My god it hurts to live in Australia. We have gumtree, which is pretty much our CL equivalent. People ask hundreds for 15gals

Edit: just came across a 23gal octagonal tank, seller wanted $600! That's with no accessories or equipment, just tank, stand and hood.

My god it hurts to live in Australia. We have gumtree, which is pretty much our CL equivalent. People ask hundreds for 15gals

Edit: just came across a 23gal octagonal tank, seller wanted $600! That's with no accessories or equipment, just tank, stand and hood.

Oh that's mostly what we get here. Someone put up a brand new 10g (no stand or anything) for 80$... The worse part? Petcos $ per gallon sale was going on at that time.

I got my 75 gallon for $35. I placed an ad looking for a 55 for $40 and got an email offering me the 75 for $35. What a great person.

Yeah, that sucks. I got a 20 gallon hex with a stand for $35 at a thrift shop this summer.

Do you find it is best to list your own things on CL? Do you find that you care about the condition the tank or equipment is in?

I've only ever given things away on CL and nothing to do with live animals so I'm curious how much I'm missing out on!

I usually list things on craigslist if i cant sell them through fb groups or friends. And it depends on what im looking at and how much they want. Obviously if they want next to nothing for it, you cant expect it to be in perfect shape

Sometimes great deals and sometimes not but feeling sorry for you in Australia. Is it just so expensive for shipping in equipment? I do understand how it is about the live creatures. There are some crazy prices for things I have seen mentioned on here.

Sometimes great deals and sometimes not but feeling sorry for you in Australia. Is it just so expensive for shipping in equipment? I do understand how it is about the live creatures. There are some crazy prices for things I have seen mentioned on here.

Yeah it is pretty bad. A lot of stuff even though it's made in china, get staken straight to America and then for us we have to pay shipping to the other side of the world :/ I haven't tried buying aquarium things internationally yet, but it's a killer for things like clothes, and generally retailers here bump up prices because they can.

For example a pair of vans shoes cost about 45 over in the US, but you're lucky to find them for less than 90 here. And if you go to buy them online, you can buy them for 45 from the US but then you pay 45 again for shipping :/

But even going to the LFS you feel the price difference. I recently bought a 15litre (about 4gal) tank (in built filter and clip on led) and it cost me 100 dollars. The API master test kit costs $60, Prime is $40.

The funniest thing just happened to me on craigslist. I put up a ad for selling my bala shark and said I was willing to trade for some cool larger cichlids. So this guy got back to me and we've been working out a deal. Turns out this guy is my goalie coach for soccer. We've known each other for the past 4 months and never once has aquaria ever come up. He's very into it too.

I picked up a 55g acrylic tank for $50. Little scratched up, but i can buff it out.

Not craigslist but got a 60g cube with a 20g sump and 500$ metal halides for only 250$!!!! Ether gonna use it as a FOWLR or a reef. Wouldnt wanna to leave those lights to sitting in the shed lol

a 46 bow front that comes with : pretty stand , bio wheel filter , power head , heater , etc. For 75 dollars . I'm going to look at it tomorrow if I can and maybe get it then and there lol or wait 7 days till my b-day

a 46 bow front that comes with : pretty stand , bio wheel filter , power head , heater , etc. For 75 dollars . I'm going to look at it tomorrow if I can and maybe get it then and there lol or wait 7 days till my b-day
just take the time to check it out carefully I picked one up a while ago and the center brace broke while moving it into the house , only then did I find out that they no longer make these tanks or replacement trim and I have checked every store I can think of, and no ones been able to order one

just take the time to check it out carefully I picked one up a while ago and the center brace broke while moving it into the house , only then did I find out that they no longer make these tanks or replacement trim and I have checked every store I can think of, and no ones been able to order one

Kay I will , and aw that sucks :(

Found a 15 gallon with filter, air pump, hood, heater, API master freshwater test kit, gravel, two plastic plants, gravel cleaner, and magnetic thermometer for $30. Tank looked almost brand new when I picked it up. Was an awesome find.

I also found a 29 gallon with a filter, hood, heater, tons of plastic plants, some river stones, thermometer and a few other different decorations for $45.

Found a 15 gallon with filter, air pump, hood, heater, API master freshwater test kit, gravel, two plastic plants, gravel cleaner, and magnetic thermometer for $30. Tank looked almost brand new when I picked it up. Was an awesome find.

I also found a 29 gallon with a filter, hood, heater, tons of plastic plants, some river stones, thermometer and a few other different decorations for $45.

Good find

Back
Top Bottom