Craigslist Good Finds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just found a guy selling a 55 gallon. Two 75 gallons and 90, all up and operational. With fish, plastic plants, substrate and everything that you need. Each tank is one hundred dollars. I was going to upgrade my 30 to a 75/90. I think this is my chance! Now to convince the parents. Any tips?

just found this for 50 bucks. worth it?

img_2641632_0_6100e464486f351ee69e153f02f4bb67.jpg

its a 110 gallon, no leaks. I'm thinking about picking it up for my red devil

just found this for 50 bucks. worth it?

its a 110 gallon, no leaks. I'm thinking about picking it up for my red devil

If its home made. Try to bring the price down and reseal it. If it was manufactured. Grab that before I do.

We have a funny thread about Craigslist Insanity.

Let's have one about good stuff you bought and sweet deals you found either Craigslist or local, garage sales, ebay, etc.

I went this week and picked up a 29, top (Stow A Lite oldy) , iron old fashioned stand, and box of "misc" from a local seller. $15

I didn't look in the box, but it was full of stuff, figured it has to have something I could use. She promised the tank was just fine. It was clean, and she claims to have used it within a few years.

Got the 29 home and filled it up on the deck to test. Six inches of water and it leaked like a sieve. Every single corner leaked. Fast leaks. Bummer. That found a new home today with a friend that keeps reptiles. Will work great for that.

The stand is great. Rock solid, just dirty and in need of TLC. I'm going to prime and paint it gloss back. Fits tanks top and bottom, worth the $15 alone.

Open the big box and this is where I got happy.

New in box UG filter, meh, not for me, but I can sell it.

Three powerheads, two DOA, one 550 model works great, that can be used somewhere.

Supra 3 air pump, dual outlet. Old school white pyramid shape. Hooked up some lines, plugged in and WOW, it's as strong as brand new and quiet. Win!

Marineland Penguin 110 h.o.b. filter with numerous brand new cartridges. Filled with water, hung on wash basin, works perfect and doesn't rattle. Another win. Small tank filter or bio only for supplemental on bigger tank.

Get to bottom of the box, what's this? Brand new in box with manuals, submersible heaters and tank shelves! Plural!

I've been looking for tank shelves forever and can't find any at good prices. Here I have a bunch of them, new! Woohoo! Now I'm jazzed.

Under those, Supreme Heetmaster submersible heaters, 200 watts. All new in the boxes, manuals, everything. Untouched. Yeah, I know, some say no way, but I'll test them each for a week in the wash basin. They'll be perfect for tanks with smaller fish that can't break them.

Between what I'll sell a few shelves for and some heaters, I'll end up making some money and getting stuff I can use. Makes up for being bummed over the leaky tank for sure.

Check it out, one of each for sample:

So, what have you found? :cool:

I can't find any of those pump shelves, do you want to sell any?

Ok not fish related but just picked up a 50" HDTV on Craigslist was said to be broken but got it home messed around with setting and now I have a working 50" Panasonic HDTV with matching stand for free not to mention the computer two desk coffee maker box of VHS tape and oh a salt water test kit... All free

Attachments

• image-731167125.jpg
    image-731167125.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 149
Think I found the most sarcastic person in the world

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130921_161624.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130921_161624.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 139
A nice find today was a sand filter for free..going to help make that goldfish pond a bit cheaper down the road..

img_2665359_0_e75df7077ca30ce246e0882066a7ec49.jpg

sorry, its should be upright...

This rock from petco. I was like excuse me do you know that price of of this and she was like 4.99. I know it was not right and there was no skew. All the other pieces that were 4.99 were a quarter of the size.
smvjc9e.jpg

Found a vertex IN-250 skimmer, like new, for $150.
72g bowfront, tank, lights, stand, glass lids, 3 boxes of extras.... Free.
5g fluval chi, complete with gravel, net, heater, and 3 stupid goldfish..... Free
40g breeder predrilled.... $10 (gave away to friend, already had 55 for refugium)
Havent really gotten anything decent lately but im attempting to work out a deal on a 220, 125 is lookin small these days. oh and my complete 125 setup was $250. That included 4 sw fish with it

Found a vertex IN-250 skimmer, like new, for $150.
72g bowfront, tank, lights, stand, glass lids, 3 boxes of extras.... Free.
5g fluval chi, complete with gravel, net, heater, and 3 stupid goldfish..... Free
40g breeder predrilled.... $10 (gave away to friend, already had 55 for refugium)
Havent really gotten anything decent lately but im attempting to work out a deal on a 220, 125 is lookin small these days. oh and my complete 125 setup was $250. That included 4 sw fish with it

How do you get so much free stuff :p?

This wasn't Craigslist but at goodwill got this 2 1/2 gal for 3$

image-792837114.jpg

Has a slate bottom holds water

Sillyfishies said:
There was a 20 gallon tank that went up for free. I called an hour and a half after it was posted. I thought for sure it was mine. But nope, it was already gone:

Ya win some, ya lose some. Im currently talking to spmeone about a 220. He wants 850 for the entire setup but said hes open to possibly splitting it. Lets see what kind of deal i cananage

Ya win some, ya lose some. Im currently talking to spmeone about a 220. He wants 850 for the entire setup but said hes open to possibly splitting it. Lets see what kind of deal i cananage

And look at that. 7 days ago a 60 gallon with everything went up for free. Can't believe I didn't see it until now. Same guy giving away the 20.

I don't even have the money for a new tank. So not sure why I even care.

I had an opportunity to get like 5 bird cages, 10x 10 gals, 5x 20 gal highs, and bags and bags of goodies for 10$. I don't have the room for it. If u scroll up a bit I have pics of the ad.

Back
Top Bottom