Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-27-2012, 12:40 AM   #671
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanimal

No it's mostly states that have adequate weather for them to survive in if released into the wild. Like I used to live in Minnesota and there are tons of lakes there but the reason they are allowed is because if released into the wild they wouldn't survive the winter. But they are illegal where I live now in Florida because if released they could survive because it's warm here all year.
That too! But I have noticed they are legal in warm states that have few waterways. I'm pretty sure they are legal in Arizona and Nevada. So that was the conclusion I drew when I saw the list of legal states. So it's probably a combination of the two. It's one reason I'm not too fond of living in Louisiana though. I've wanted piranhas since I was a kid.

Old 10-27-2012, 01:08 AM   #672
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx

That too! But I have noticed they are legal in warm states that have few waterways. I'm pretty sure they are legal in Arizona and Nevada. So that was the conclusion I drew when I saw the list of legal states. So it's probably a combination of the two. It's one reason I'm not too fond of living in Louisiana though. I've wanted piranhas since I was a kid.
I'll send you some if you send me a baby skunk! Lol they are legal in Kansas till a game warden/animal control sees them then its kill on site =( but we can have piranhas as far as I know

Old 10-27-2012, 01:52 AM   #673
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx

Yeah but an awesome replacement for piranhas are Exodon Tetras. They are awesome to watch. If you haven't seen them you guys should look them up on YouTube. Red Wolf Fish are good too.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:15 AM   #674
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hex. Aquarium w/ Fish & stand
If I'm reading that right, they are selling a breading basket with their fish tank. Apparently they really enjoy getting majorly sick from eating their pet fish as fish sticks.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:04 AM   #675
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald76
Hex. Aquarium w/ Fish & stand
If I'm reading that right, they are selling a breading basket with their fish tank. Apparently they really enjoy getting majorly sick from eating their pet fish as fish sticks.
Lol that's hilarious, I wonder if they threw that in there as a bad joke. I have a friend who stupidly ate his wife's Dempsey and a common pleco and was sick for a week.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #676
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by christine2012

Lol that's hilarious, I wonder if they threw that in there as a bad joke. I have a friend who stupidly ate his wife's Dempsey and a common pleco and was sick for a week.
Why would it make you sick? Wouldn't eating a Dempsey be like any other bass from a lake?
Old 10-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #677
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by christine2012

D: wha....why would he eat them??? *horrified*
Old 10-27-2012, 04:35 PM   #678
come get me tang police!

It's a typo for breeding basket.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:00 PM   #679
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I don't have a clue. Unless they were sick, *shrugs* but it totally happened!

Quote:
Originally Posted by linds3y

D: wha....why would he eat them??? *horrified*
If I remember correctly, his wife was being a huge jerk to him so this is his idea of revenge. Idk, they obviously weren't the most stable of people lol
Old 10-27-2012, 06:05 PM   #680
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to bud29
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanimal
Why would it make you sick? Wouldn't eating a Dempsey be like any other bass from a lake?
On almost every bottle of water conditioner I have seen, it says "Do not use if fish are intended for human consumption." There is something in it that apparently makes us sick........

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com