Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well it's very true what they say about getting the school numbers right. After being left with three smudge spot cories who were very nervous and would hide under a log if anyone went near the tank I decided to try and get some more.
I managed to get three very tiny ones yesterday and the transformation in the tank is amazing, the little ones are zipping around and the big ones are following them around as if to say 'no we shouldn't be doing this!' So much more enjoyable to watch

Old 02-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have three tanks and have many different types of cories. But my two sterbais are super shy. I've tried them in the big tank with a total of 8 cories, no luck. They still hide. I've tried them in the smaller tank with 6 cories, all small like them. All the other cories zip around, but the sterbais are still hiding. So now I've got my 15 set up as a shrimp/fry tank with two sterbais and three otos. The sterbais are the biggest thing (by far) in the tank, yet they still act afraid of everything. What gives??

Old 02-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

From my personal experience I would get them some more sterbi friends my smudge spots were with pandas and were super shy still but now the 'kids' have moved in they are zipping around even when I go up to the tank!
Old 02-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I was debating on whether or not to get a Cory but after reading some of these stories I definitely am getting one
Old 02-09-2013, 04:56 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice FINatic

you'll need atleast 3! More the merrier though they are MUCH more active in shoals. They race, skitter, and come to the front of the tank when I walk by. Mine know me, and will come waggle a hello. well I hope its a hello, most likely its a feed me!!
Oceangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanyaa View Post
I was debating on whether or not to get a Cory but after reading some of these stories I definitely am getting one
Make sure you get more than one I believe 5+ is the best number for them to be happy
They are fabulous fish 😀
Old 02-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestromad View Post

Make sure you get more than one I believe 5+ is the best number for them to be happy
They are fabulous fish ?de00
Ok thanks
Old 02-09-2013, 10:48 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanyaa View Post
You do realize what thread this is....you will need at least a six-pack.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:56 AM   #39
Aquarium Advice Addict

I had 4 Sterbai Cories, lost one to a head on with an overly rambunctious Rubberlip , soooo took the Rubberlip back to my LFS yesterday & came home with 6 more Sterbai. Trying to have a harmonious tank, I have a very stressful job & I just love these little guys. My new ones were all over the tank right away. Waitin for the tank lights to come on so I can do a head count!
Old 02-10-2013, 08:01 AM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict

Man my new cories have really brought some life into the tank, when the lights went on today I found one of the little ones trying to school with my tetras! When he got fed up f that he went off and pushed one of the other new cories making him go for a ride in the bubbles! They are crazy fish. Tried to get a pic of him with the tetras but they're still a bit nervous when I go near the tank

Tags
cory, corys

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com