Do More Men Than Women Have Aquariums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I might be wrong in this but I know studies show women multi task more than men and we tend to have more hobbies and social things we do. So I think we tend to have a bunch of hobbies where men have fewer which would leave them with more time invested in each one? Just a guess/the idea I came up with.

I wonder- how many of us women that seriously into this are stay at home moms? (Aka it is something I can do without having to leave the house) I find it is something I can research while watching the crazy little person running around- but also once he is older I am totally making him involved with helping. He also loves the tank so when I tell him it's time to clean the fishs' house he watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I might be wrong in this but I know studies show women multi task more than men and we tend to have more hobbies and social things we do. So I think we tend to have a bunch of hobbies where men have fewer which would leave them with more time invested in each one? Just a guess/the idea I came up with.

I wonder- how many of us women that seriously into this are stay at home moms? (Aka it is something I can do without having to leave the house) I find it is something I can research while watching the crazy little person running around- but also once he is older I am totally making him involved with helping. He also loves the tank so when I tell him it's time to clean the fishs' house he watches.

It's cool you are getting your son involved. It is also cool he gets to learn from someone who is experienced so he can learn all the tricks of the trade, that way he makes less mistakes than those of us who learned on our own.

Also, your theory does make sense. I agree haha

us guys tend to go overboard with our tanks can't just have one

A piece of support for what you said, I bought a 20 L, 40 B, and 55 Standard at the last sale. Haha some of us guys go so far overboard, we can't even see the ship.

There was a guy on another forum that had over 200 tanks.....

That's insane. Bet he has concrete floors, a huge centrifugal air pump, and a bunch of sponge filters. He probably also has automatic water changes, the way Joey does em.

The real question is, how the heck does he feed 200 fish tanks?!

It's cool you are getting your son involved. It is also cool he gets to learn from someone who is experienced so he can learn all the tricks of the trade, that way he makes less mistakes than those of us who learned on our own.

Also, your theory does make sense. I agree haha

It's really cute because he only knows a handful of words (he's 18 months) but one of them is fish. He stands in front of the tanks saying fish over and over and over and over. Lol

I have to imagine that the 55 gallon must seem gigantic to him!

That's insane. Bet he has concrete floors, a huge centrifugal air pump, and a bunch of sponge filters. He probably also has automatic water changes, the way Joey does em.

The real question is, how the heck does he feed 200 fish tanks?!

No idea. He was a bit of a joker (he's not active anymore) he claimed he was Santa Claus, said his location was everywhere, and he claimed to be over 110 years old, but we know the truth. He actually did have around that many fish tanks, though. Apparently he had people help him feed the fish.

No idea. He was a bit of a joker (he's not active anymore) he claimed he was Santa Claus, said his location was everywhere, and he claimed to be over 110 years old, but we know the truth. He actually did have around that many fish tanks, though. Apparently he had people help him feed the fish.

Haha what a droll, interesting man.

I hear more men owning them around here.....but I no a few women aswell,

We need more women fish keepers

Sent from fish phone

Back
Top Bottom