Do you guys name your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Big-j said:
Frickin escaped and chased her out of the apartment lol he got down on the ground and literally chased her around lol it was priceless

If only my fish would do that to my sister. Except he would be named, good fishie! :D

Lol the crab used to be named something totally original like crabby but not anymore, we call him lotsa things but mostly just stupid crab lol

My boyfriend and I name our fish and our inverts. =] We try to come up with meaningful names to their personalities. For instance, our pleco is called Kaito, which means Ocean Dipper, and the serpae is Muriel, which means Shining Sea. =] But some are just funny. The two ghost shrimp are Om and Nom and my three glass cats are St. Ambrose, St. Francis, and St. Augustine. Haha!

My boyfriend and I name our fish and our inverts. =] We try to come up with meaningful names to their personalities. For instance, our pleco is called Kaito, which means Ocean Dipper, and the serpae is Muriel, which means Shining Sea. =] But some are just funny. The two ghost shrimp are Om and Nom and my three glass cats are St. Ambrose, St. Francis, and St. Augustine. Haha!

I went to St Ambrose and St Augustine schools :cool::cool:

I call all my fishes " catfishes "(.. and only God knows why,.)..except for " psycho ,my picaso triggerfish which spend it's day going back and forth on one side of the tank until it's time to attack you with a savage bite,..in which he seems quite content in doing so,...other than that ,.they're all catfishes!!!

yep. They seem to have distinct personalities. I've named mine: Mine, getchu, molly, breep and... hmm no name angelfish lol.

My wife names them. So far our named ones are Chuck(red zebra), Kanye West(blue kenyi), Paco(auratus), and Black Mamba(yellow lab).

A few of mine are named: Zeus, my only male adult molly and his son is Hercules :) My biggest female Molly is Bertha :lol:

i can never think of names for mine,and whenever my sister names fish they die,so im starting to think its bad luck.

alLexX said:
i can never think of names for mine,and whenever my sister names fish they die,so im starting to think its bad luck.

That happens to me too! I've stopped letting her name them.

Only the big ones, 6 pack of danios we don't.

Pair of Black Moors: AC/CD (my daughter named them :D)
Fancy Fantail: Dexter (he looks like a bespeckled lab nerd kid)
Betta: Elvis (he's blue, blue suede shoes. My GF named him)

They name them, I get to take care of all their needs, so it's a fair trade :D.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium Advice App

I named our biggest male Danio Morgead and his mate Jez after an LJ Smith book.

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

Oh, and another was Ash and his mate Mary-Lynette. Another LJ Smith book.

What did you name your fish?

I tend to name each of my fish individually, generally with names with meanings that describe the way they look, or how they act.

How about you? What do you name your fish, and what kind of fish is it, and why?

That is, of course, if you name your fish. :D

My biggest male Danio is Morgead, because he chases the others around a lot, and the character Morgead is mean. His soulmate is Jez, so the danios mate is Jez. The characters are from an LJ Smith book.

Haha, that's charming. :] My danio's name is Irya, which is sanskrit for quick and powerful. We haven't gotten the rest of a school for him yet though.

My girlfriend named her glass catfish St. Ambrose, St. Francis, and St. Augustine. Do some research if you're curious as to how those all relate. :]

My mom named her peacock gudgeons Duke and Dutchess Gudgeon. Dutchess recently laid her eggs, which Duke is quite proudly guarding.

Back
Top Bottom