Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-16-2013, 10:50 PM   #211
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post

I think this beats "ich is good for fish" for dumbest advice. Must have only ever put one fish in the tank, then never replaced it. I'm not sure which would be worse for the fish, the chlorine or the soap residue.

PS - prime gets my vote for best water conditioner.
He said Palmolive works best and that other dishwashing soaps won't work, and its funny because I use Palmolive to wash dishes...as for the water conditioners, Prime is a tad bit more expensive than the API stress coat, but I love the fact that it 'removes' ammonia! Think I'm gonna switch once I finish the bottle.

Old 07-17-2013, 12:58 AM   #212
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishingforfish View Post
Here's one I got today after asking if Prime or API was better for a water conditioner:

"You honestly don't need water conditioner, they're just there to waste money. If you ever clean your water, just take out all the water, decor and plants and wash your tank with lots of soap. So when you put the water back in, it won't carry any toxins. That's what I do and I only lost a fish!"

Yeah I just bought both conditioners LOL
I use amquel I think it is. White bottle and is teal ish and grey.
This is pretty great hahaha I think it ties for the ich one

Jack - Telescope Eyed Goldfish - 8 months
Old 07-17-2013, 01:35 AM   #213
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Prime usually ends up being cheaper due to how concentrated it is. you pay more for a bottle but that bottle will last longer than the cheaper stuff.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:05 AM   #214
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post
Prime usually ends up being cheaper due to how concentrated it is. you pay more for a bottle but that bottle will last longer than the cheaper stuff.
1ml for 10g is waaaay less than APIs 5ml for 10g. Great, ill just use API for their treatments and stuff.

Though if worst comes to worst, I may have to use Palmolive like the employee said....

/sarcasm
Old 07-17-2013, 02:14 AM   #215
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
1ml for 10g is waaaay less than APIs 5ml for 10g. Great, ill just use API for their treatments and stuff.

Though if worst comes to worst, I may have to use Palmolive like the employee said....

/sarcasm
I got a better idea.. Just carve tank decorations out of bars of soap. You can get the cleaning action in a time release capsule!
Old 07-17-2013, 02:25 AM   #216
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post

I got a better idea.. Just carve tank decorations out of bars of soap. You can get the cleaning action in a time release capsule!
Holy cow that's brilliant! A water conditioner AND decor at once?! Wow, I bet when my cories come in, they would be making tons of soap bubbles, perfect for healthy oxygen levels!

But I wonder what's better, Shea butter or Lavender scent? I don't know about you, I think they'd appreciate the Shea butter..who doesn't like butter?! Wow, I can't believe water conditioners are on the shelves anyway..what a scam!

Guys, if a employee ever tells you to use soap as a water conditioner, you have a right to get all the water conditioner you want. For free.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:27 AM   #217
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Holy cow that's brilliant! A water conditioner AND decor at once?! Wow, I bet when my cories come in, they would be making tons of soap bubbles, perfect for healthy oxygen levels!

But I wonder what's better, Shea butter or Lavender scent? I don't know about you, I think they'd appreciate the Shea butter..who doesn't like butter?! Wow, I can't believe water conditioners are on the shelves anyway..what a scam!

Guys, if a employee ever tells you to use soap as a water conditioner, you have a right to get all the water conditioner you want. For free.
My corys prefer Irish springs! Could I take prize B for their stupidity and get to take 1 free groin shot at them?
Old 07-17-2013, 02:37 AM   #218
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post

My corys prefer Irish springs! Could I take prize B for their stupidity and get to take 1 free groin shot at them?
Mine liked dove the best. Their scales are always so shiny. I call next in line for the groin shot, but maybe I'll just bring a baseball bat or a crowbar with me that day.

10g saltwater
Old 07-17-2013, 02:42 AM   #219
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgthebeast View Post

Mine liked dove the best. Their scales are always so shiny. I call next in line for the groin shot, but maybe I'll just bring a baseball bat or a crowbar with me that day.
My platy love Olay! It's softer on their bioload. I wonder if shampoo would help with fin rot or make their fins shinier..hmmm

It's pretty sad because I saw someone holding a plastic container with a betta go up to him for advice. I just hope he didn't give the same soap speech ):
Old 07-17-2013, 02:54 AM   #220
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

My platy love Olay! It's softer on their bioload. I wonder if shampoo would help with fin rot or make their fins shinier..hmmm

It's pretty sad because I saw someone holding a plastic container with a betta go up to him for advice. I just hope he didn't give the same soap speech ):
Conditioner works wonders for my African feather fin. He's almost show ready now
That poor, poor betta

10g saltwater
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com