Dumbest Aquarium advice you've ever been given?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can beat all of you.
Ich is a good thing and the fish actually eat it.

-"Expert Aquarist" from [store].

Last edited by a moderator:
I can beat all of you.

Yep you for sure beat all of us. That is the most RIDICULOUS thing I have ever heard and just knowing someone said that BOILS MY BLOOD!
How can you call yourself an aquarist and think that? Ugh! People like that just make me want to....ugh.....
That makes me so mad.
Gotta calm myself down now lol
*sits in corner and counts to 100*

Fish will only grow to the size of their tank!

Plecos eat the fish's poop so you don't have to clean the tank!

A 10 gal is plenty of room for a goldfish, they do great in bowls!

Bad fish advice makes me angry. And yes, ich being a good thing wins.

I am trying to tell my friends that keeping a fish in a bowl is a bad thing to do.

I sold some fish to my friend or his 10 gallon tank and he hasn't cleaned the tank or filter for 3 months. The scary part is a fish died and he has no idea how bad nitrogenous bacteria is.

That bettas dislike living in an actual tank and feel more at home in a 0.25 gallon vase as they live in small pools in the wild.-[store] aquarium expert

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I can beat all of you.

I think I can equal that!!.
"Yeah a few Red Belly Piranhas will be fine in a 55g tank, with guppies, mollies and platies". I actually laughed when an employee at a LFS told me this....and she was the manager!!!!

That bettas dislike living in an actual tank and feel more at home in a 0.25 gallon vase as they live in small pools in the wild.-[store] aquarium expert

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

No no, not small pools. They live in mud puddles. And they prefer dirty water unheated & uncirculated as it is closer to their natural habitat. ~heard at nearly every bloody place that sells them!

No no, not small pools. They live in mud puddles. And they prefer dirty water unheated & uncirculated as it is closer to their natural habitat. ~heard at nearly every bloody place that sells them!

My friend kept her betta in a vase but it was a HUGE vase with plants and a heater and she did alot of water changes. So I guess that was okay. I think the vase was like 3-4gallons.

"angel rams are easy to take care of and stay small so 3-4 can go in your ten gallon" i overheard someone at [store] telling this lady and her kids. god [petco] sucks haha i went there yesterday and all of their bettas were in cloudy water and barely moving and the saltwater fish all had ich goldfish all had ich and they had a huge sailfin tang crammed in a 10 gallon tank

I can beat all of you.

They must have seen the Sponge Bob episode where they all get ich
and Gary saves the day lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom