Eep! What to do! Opinions wanted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
We all know the 75gal problem Im having.. now how to solve it?

I just found a 75gal complete set up for at least $250. Its for a charity.. it is a "reef ready 75 gallon tank framed in a cherry oak finish on top of a 3 door cherry oak finish cabinet. It measures 17"W x 53"L x 58"H. It has 2 high power flourescent lights driven by an external power source. It has a large internal pump and filter. It is in excellent condition and was used as a show tank in a now closed PetLand store."

Now to get my 75gal a stand, lights and filter (plus the initial cost) it will be approx. $490. If I add the initial cost of $115 for the tank to the price of the new set up its $365 which is cheaper than the $490. So maybe I could sell the 75gal tank for $50 which puts me at $315. Subtract the $125 gift card I used to purcahse the original tank and Im at $190. And maybe if my 40gal sells for the $80 on ebay.. it will only be $110 out of my pocket.

*sigh*

Do you think a 75gal tank will sell for $50?? Does anyone in the Dallas/Ft.Worth area want a 75gal tank for $50 *raises eyebrow*

What do you think I should do?

haha, for some reason after I submitted that entry I figured out what I plan to do. I guess once I write it all out I can sort the information better or something.

I think im going to keep the 75gal tank and build a stand. Because lets say the other aquarium costs over $300.. I would be depending on the money from selling my 40gal and the 75gal.. and that is too risky.

Whew! I am exhausted, but glad to have been of help. :wink:

Great idea, tho - I would hate for you to part with that tank. There is tons of great DIY info on stand building you can use to help you.

And to think, I read that last night and tossed and turned and wondered what advice to give and here you are, having solved the problem yourself!! Now I can get some sleep! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom