Ever wanna slap your lfs people in the back of the head?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's funny how no body posted after you said that! :)

NatureFish
????

....someone? Anyone want to slap their LFS people anymore? Let it out!

NatureFish
????

....someone? Anyone want to slap their LFS people anymore? Let it out!

NatureFish
????

One of my Petsmarts hides their Blue Wags away. I bought one and the poor boy had parasites and ugh. Poor Jason. I just want to smash them in the head. And for Blue Wag platys their tails were always Red. Like a Red Wag. Very puzzling.

One of my Petsmarts hides their Blue Wags away. I bought one and the poor boy had parasites and ugh. Poor Jason. I just want to smash them in the head. And for Blue Wag platys their tails were always Red. Like a Red Wag. Very puzzling.

You have platies?! Any tips you could give me? I'm thinking about getting platies. Is there really a fool proof fish besides bettas? I need something fool proof so I though platies would be good but I need something even more fool proof!!!

NatureFish
????

You have platies?! Any tips you could give me? I'm thinking about getting platies. Is there really a fool proof fish besides bettas? I need something fool proof so I though platies would be good but I need something even more fool proof!!!

NatureFish
????
Guppies are foolproof. Generally even if you do everything wrong they'll breed faster than you can kill them. :ROFLMAO:

NatureFish
????

Platies are darned tough! Pro-tips: 1. Don't get all males, if you do then be prepared for fights. 2. They are master beggars, don't overfeed them! 3. Clean the tank frequently, they are poop machines! Cute, but very, very, VERY messy. I would add in Quick Start and Stress Zyme weekly as well as frequent gravel vacuuming. Other than that, adorable and friendly. Mine died unfortunately. One sick platy had parasites and it turned into a fatal parasite/bacterial/fungal attack that I couldn't treat. Poor things. I miss them. RIP: Jeremy Irons (Red Wag), Jason Statham (Blue Wag), James Bond (24-Carat Tuxedo), Rolo (Green Lantern) and Gandalf the Golden (Sunburst) James and Rolo died before I got Gandalf and Jason as I only had a 5 gallon that I regularly supplemented bacteria, vacuumed and water changed.

:banghead:The worst thing my local Petsmarts ever do is encourage young kids to keep goldfish. I yank the customers aside and tell them that goldfish can be difficult and that kids should really start with a betta. Much hardier and easier to care for. They sold this poor Black Moor to this mom and daughter in a one gallon bowl. I wanted to cry for that poor fish.:facepalm: I tried telling the mom that that goldfish needed a full tank for it to not die in three days and she looked at me like I grew a second head.

Good for you !

Poor fish :'(. They're so misunderstood by the general public :'(

What is an IFS I keep seeing that

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I would rant about my LFS but only in a good way. I trust that store and all its employees.

I bought my 75 gallon tank from them and at the time of pick up I thought about getting a pair of gbr. He wouldn't sell them to me if they were for the 75. It was only until I explained to him that the 75 was replacing a another established tank that he was willing to sell me more fish. I never did get any fish that day but the fact he was concerned about the new tank and what was going into it was enough for me.

They do offer new kinds of schooling fish for me to try out but sometimes they look too small and I my angelfish will end up getting lots of protein. He then backs off when he agrees or shows me something else that would be compatible.

Some of their stuff can be pricey and others cheaper than anywhere else. The 75g I bought was cheaper than any place I looked at within 60 miles of my home.

This place is half an hour drive for me but worth the drive. Plus they are only a few miles from my parents house so I can visit 2 places in one trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would rant about my LFS but only in a good way. I trust that store and all its employees.
This place is half an hour drive for me but worth the drive. Plus they are only a few miles from my parents house so I can visit 2 places in one trip.

Nice to hear a positive LFS feedback.

As a parent, I approve this message.

Nice to hear a positive LFS feedback.

As a parent, I approve this message.

Yeah. My kids approve too. They get to see grandparents and fishies.

Good for you !

Poor fish :'(. They're so misunderstood by the general public :'(

I know!!!!!! :'( at least the little girl asked her mom for a bigger tank so that her fishy didn't die.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I bought my 75 gallon tank from them and at the time of pick up I thought about getting a pair of gbr. He wouldn't sell them to me if they were for the 75. It was only until I explained to him that the 75 was replacing a another established tank that he was willing to sell me more fish. I never did get any fish that day but the fact he was concerned about the new tank and what was going into it was enough for me.

They do offer new kinds of schooling fish for me to try out but sometimes they look too small and I my angelfish will end up getting lots of protein. He then backs off when he agrees or shows me something else that would be compatible.

Some of their stuff can be pricey and others cheaper than anywhere else. The 75g I bought was cheaper than any place I looked at within 60 miles of my home.

That's all awesome to hear :D

Back
Top Bottom