my corydora has a hole in his side and another may have fungus? help please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lava

Aquarium Advice Newbie
so this is a bit of a long story, apologies.

my bronze corydora used to have 2 white spots (that didn't look like fungus) 3-4 weeks ago. they then grew only a little bit, i started treating with aquarium salt and 20% daily water changes for 2 weeks. the whiteness on his body started coming off, but then it just kept going and there was a small hole in his side. he had 2 paraguard baths, and i treated the tank with antibiotics (API fin + body cure, so the specific antibiotic of doxycycline). i left for the long weekend, came back and now he looks like this (pics below). the whit spot further from his head is smaller, but the one closer to his eye is bigger. also, he swims a bit weirdly, not scraping/rubbing himself on things but a bit twitchily, favoring the side of his body that does not have the white hole/spot. also, another one of my corydoras has some kind of white growth above her eye, pics are attached of that as well. i think it's fungus but need a second opinion. (and yes i know you are supposed to have 3 of the same kind of corydora, i'm getting another tank soon and will get the right numbers of corydoras then!).

there are 3 corydoras in the tank and 3 endlers, the tank is like 4 months old. the filter is the aqua clear 30, tank is 10 gallon and cycled, temp is at 76F.
parameters: .50 ppm ammonia (this is a bit high, the antibiotics likely hurt my bb/cycle a bit so i'm dosing prime and doing water changes, taking care of this issue). 0 nitrite and for some reason 0 nitrate. it is heavily planted but idk why i'm not getting any nitrates. did all this testing today.

the first picture is what his side used to look like, then the next pics will be of him now, and then the final pictures will be of the corydora that i think has some kind of fungus (she's had fungus before).

thanks in advance!

corydora hole 1.jpg

cory hole 1.jpg

cory hole 2.jpg

cory fungus 1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom