Favorite Type of Aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettafanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a question for you. What is your favorite type of aquarium, and why? Freshwater, saltwater, or brackish? What is your favorite type of fish and plant/coral in your aquarium too?

As for me, I like freshwater because I find that the fish have more personality, they're hardier, and you can have more fish in a freshwater tank than in a saltwater. I also love keeping live plants. Favorite fish is a betta fish and my favorite plant would have to be my crypts.

I like planted freshwater tanks. They are easier and cheaper than saltwater. My favorite plant would have to be either Marsilea crenata or Hemianthus callitrichoides.

Wow where to start, they are all my favorite.

Salt water reef because there is so much going on, it is a true Eco system. Everything in the tank is in there for a reason, the fish are so diverse. You can sit there and watch any of a thousand things for hours.

Fresh water planted gives life to a room, they are relaxing. The shrimp, while not having personalities like saltwater shrimp, they are so fun to watch. And the schools of fish are incredibly peaceful

Saltwater fish only are frigging cool, the fish have personalities like none other, and the shapes and colors are unreal. You have aggression but it's manageable.

Freshwater aggressive America's, they have sheer aggression, and that is FUN. They are mean as crap

Freshwater African are great both lakes have their benefits whether it be large numbers and colors with Malawi or crazy shapes and wicked looks like tanganyikan.

All I can say is I dunno because I have had everything except brackish and I love every last one of them equally

Back
Top Bottom