Fish classes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freshwater fish guy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Any body know some collage classes about freshwater aquarium f or just classes. PLEASE LET ME KNOW!THANK YOU.

Ive taken zoology, andbiology. zoology and biology explained alot. Someone at my lfs took some class about marine life or something.

Not many animal care taking classes outside of veterinary training. The only school I know of that specializes in animal care in my area is University of California Davis.

That is a well known school that trains both veterinarians, animals behaviorologists and agro-business students in the biology fields and they have hundreds of live animals on campus. I work at a vets office and the most complicated cases get referred to UC Davis for case studies.

They might have some info at the very least if you call their admissions office. I also recommend you look into pet sitting certification via petsit.com aka Petsitters international. (PSI)

They offer classes to train professional pet sitters and also a good source of information.

In zoology we learned about many types of fish, star fish, jellyfish, stingrays, snails, and alot of invertebrates.

Not sure on classes, IMO, your best bet would look for an internship at an aquarium. Not really a class, but you will learn a lot.

A thorough understanding of Freshman level Biology/Chemistry would do many, many people in this hobby a lot of good. If you're looking to learn pertinent useful information, those classes and their accompanying texts, practicals etc. if taken seriously and indulged fully, can be incredibly useful.

If you want to take it a bit further, microbiology, vertebrate anatomy, ichthyology, are all good places to look.

If you want to look at pretty fish and pick up a few tidbits of info, I recommend a nice picture book.

Back
Top Bottom