Fish Products you WISH were made...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corrado33

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was readin through many of the threads tonight, and I saw so many "My cycle this and my cycle that" (Which is a good thing), but don't you just wish someone came out with a slow release ammonia pellet that would automatically cycle any tank? Or it could even be a filter insert. How cool would that be?

Anyway, post some things that you wish were made for fish enthusiasts.

I think micro-be lift does make a product like that, I think its called NITE-OUT II or something.

I wish they made a planted tank cartridge with slow release ferts, this multiple times daily is getting to be a PITA. and I am using dry ferts so the prep time is something I could do without.

slow release ammonia pellet that would automatically cycle any tank?

Actually a slow release ammonia pellet wouldn't automatically cycle a tank but it would be cool if something did. (psst...fish food is a slow releasing ammonia pellet hahah) Something else that would be a cool invention would be one of those filters on Finding Nemo that got rid of all the algae in one night lol

A danio that changes color based on nitrate level...

A danio that changes color based on nitrate level...

I can see it now in the sick fish forum...

"55g tank, 10 guppies, 6 API Master Freshwater Test Danios..."
"ammonia - One danio is blue, nitrite- 3 danios are yellow, nitrate- 2 danios are green"

I was readin through many of the threads tonight, and I saw so many "My cycle this and my cycle that" (Which is a good thing), but don't you just wish someone came out with a slow release ammonia pellet that would automatically cycle any tank? Or it could even be a filter insert. How cool would that be?

Anyway, post some things that you wish were made for fish enthusiasts.
they are some products out there that actually cycles a tank right away.

i know of a whole lot of products i wish they wouldnt make.... it would make my life more easier.

geez, don't danios do enough already? ;0

hmm, fish product I'd like to see... an auto-homing fish catcher that can grab my most elusive fish when I *need* to do something big with the tank, without wrecking the live plants. And no, an Oscar doesn't count... fish has to stay alive ;0

I want to crate train my fish. No reason, just sometimes I like to be alone.

Aren't fish already crate trained? They live in an small enclosed environment that's much like a dog crate.? :cat: <-- Kitty

Red light that shines on a fish thru the glass. Pull the trigger and send a wave enuf to temporarily stun the fish and make him float to the top. 10 minutes later, the fish is swimming around and fully recovered - - in the QT tank or in a ziplock on its way back to the lfs.

Note: No fish were harmed in during the conception of this fantasy. :)

I wish they sold a gravel vacuum like a roomba thing or the automated pool cleaner. Hook a hose up and let it do its thing. Oh, and some way to auto top off after it's done cleaning.

geez, don't danios do enough already? ;0

hmm, fish product I'd like to see... an auto-homing fish catcher that can grab my most elusive fish when I *need* to do something big with the tank, without wrecking the live plants. And no, an Oscar doesn't count... fish has to stay alive ;0

+1 million!! I HATE having to catch fish, especially when you have your tank set up the way you want it because I usually end up knocking stuff over and causing a big ruckas. I want a fish trap that will automatically home in on that fish and bring it to the top all ready for me to remove it...ahh that would be awesome!!

Special food that keeps fish small. (Petsmart must have it hidden somewhere, since they have pacus that can be kept in 30g tanks.) An RTC that doesn't get bigger than my raphael would be sweet.

BBA killer that won't harm anything else.

I wish they sold a gravel vacuum like a roomba thing or the automated pool cleaner. Hook a hose up and let it do its thing. Oh, and some way to auto top off after it's done cleaning.

Honestly, I don't think that this is an impossibility. I'll try to build something :cool:

If you want to go into futuristic products, then a scanner that scans the thoughts of fish so that you know exactly what they want.

+1 to whitedevil with the slow releasing ferts in the filter! That'd be hot. Also I want a Python that actually cleans the detrius and old plant tabs. Maybe it's just the fact that I already have low water pressure to begin with in my Apartment.

Little sweaters with matching collars . . . oh, wait, those are for purse dogs.

I like the roomba idea. In fact, one of my snails is named Roomba.

Back
Top Bottom