Fishy Myth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Psyhampster

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is a myth I had to write for my science class homework (we're doing constellations) so I decided to give it a fishy theme. I'll try to get a picture of the "constellation" up sometime. Bonus points if you can figure out what kind of fish I based it around :roll: Hope you like it!

Once upon a time there was a magical football. It was so awesome that people everywhere knew it as Convict, due to its strange black and white coloring. It let anybody who threw it throw farther, anybody who caught it hold on better, anybody who ran with it run faster, and anybody who kicked it kick it farther and higher. King Cichlid owned this football, but he grew old, and was unable to play football any longer. He decided to hold a contest to see who could kick it the highest and farthest, and would award the football to the winner. Kickers came from across the realm to try to win this grand prize, but there was one, known only as Green Terror, who thought the ball should be shared by all. He entered the tournament, and quickly progressed to the final round. The only person standing between him and the prize was Jack Dempsey, the feared kicker with spots all over his body. Due to the fact that this was the final round of the tournament, both kickers were allowed to use Convict for their kick. Jack Dempsey drew the first attempt, and his kick was over 3,000 feet high and over a mile in length! Green Terror’s next kick would decide Convict’s fate. He took a running start from 200 feet back, and launched Convict so high that it was placed in the heavens for all to see, and so far that it landed just above the horizon. That is how the constellation Convict was placed in the heavens, and Green Terror was immortalized forever as a hero.

Bonus points if you can figure out what kind of fish I based it around Hope you like it!
Cute!
Are you looking for one exact fish as the football? Or are you referring to all the SA cichilds?

That is a very good story! :D I recognize Jack Dempsey, Green Terror, and Convict as common names for South and Central American cichlids, but other than the fact that they are very aggressive, I don't know anything about them. Menagerie is the cichlid guru! :)

That is a GREAT story! Very imaginative. Do you write much? I would totally give an A+ for that paper!

ya, the myth had to be constellation related, and i realized it would be easy to draw a football with the convicts' coloration, seeing as space, like the convicts, is black and white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom