Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
View Poll Results: I am a:
Dog Person 42 75.00%
Cat Person 14 25.00%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-10-2005, 06:37 PM   #41
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by deli_conker
Oh yeah, I almost forgot, Cats Rule!
*sniffs bait, swims away*

Uh oh, I'm being baited.

I frequent politcal boards and Open Forums where this thread would be considered so tame it would be a topic of ridicule.

And the men who spurred us on sit in judgment of all wrong, they decide and the shotgun sings the song.

125 SW
80 lb LR
330w PC
Euphyllia, Alveopora, Pachyclauvularia (Metallic Green and Daisy), Frogspawn, Torch, Gold Nepthea, Kenya Tree, Galaxea, Pulsing Xenia, various leather (umbrella, toadstool, fingers, devil fingers, lettuce)
Maroon Clown/White tip LT anemone, Powder Blue Tang, Female Swallow Angel, SixLine Wrasse, Solar Fairy Wrasse, Firefish, Fathead Anthias, Blue Mandarin, 3 Chromis, 3 Green Gobies
Old 02-10-2005, 06:51 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Monarch
I frequent politcal boards and Open Forums where this thread would be considered so tame it would be a topic of ridicule.
Opinion meter on -

Um.... This is a fish forum right? Most of us come here for fish information and a little social interaction. If we wanted confrontation and heated debate we would head over to "politcal boards and Open Forums" designated for such a thing. I personally find the general peaceful tone of this site enjoyable. There is enough confrontation in day to day life that I don't personally choose to seek out more. Each to their own I guess.

Opinion meter off -

Old 02-10-2005, 07:05 PM   #43
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Opinion meter broken in the "on" position -

Well, this is the Lounge actually. Open minds and thick skins make for good discussion. Fish discussion is down the hall.

Actually, I can't find a single example in this thread where someone picked a fight or even made a comment that could be considered by the most mild-mannered person on the planet to be insensitive.

And the men who spurred us on sit in judgment of all wrong, they decide and the shotgun sings the song.

125 SW
80 lb LR
330w PC
Euphyllia, Alveopora, Pachyclauvularia (Metallic Green and Daisy), Frogspawn, Torch, Gold Nepthea, Kenya Tree, Galaxea, Pulsing Xenia, various leather (umbrella, toadstool, fingers, devil fingers, lettuce)
Maroon Clown/White tip LT anemone, Powder Blue Tang, Female Swallow Angel, SixLine Wrasse, Solar Fairy Wrasse, Firefish, Fathead Anthias, Blue Mandarin, 3 Chromis, 3 Green Gobies
Old 02-10-2005, 07:07 PM   #44
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Whatever..... I am done with this thread. I seem to recall having had to do that with one of you other threads too.

Old 02-10-2005, 09:25 PM   #45
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to deli_conker
Quote:
It's not bait. I'm not trolling. I just think that I am more suited to have cats rather than dogs. The "Cats rule" comes from a movie called "Cats & Dogs". Check it out if you get a chance, it's pretty funny for cat and dog lovers.

In all honesty though, part of my reason for not liking dogs is that I was chased down by a doberman when I was 5. I have an inherent distrust in all things canine. Except for one dog that we inherited with the farm house I grew up in. His name was King and he was a great German Shepard.

There was another bad experience with a dog but I don't know if I should post it publicly...
Old 02-10-2005, 09:34 PM   #46
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Rach101
No one likes frogs... whats wrong with you people!?!?! How many times do i have to say it. Froggys are better. Oh and getting police dogs is not always a great idea.. My neighbor had one and it used to break off the chain and tare right through our pants, undies and all. Not a pleasant memory...
Old 02-10-2005, 10:20 PM   #47
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by deli_conker
Quote:
It's not bait. I'm not trolling. I just think that I am more suited to have cats rather than dogs. The "Cats rule" comes from a movie called "Cats & Dogs". Check it out if you get a chance, it's pretty funny for cat and dog lovers.

In all honesty though, part of my reason for not liking dogs is that I was chased down by a doberman when I was 5. I have an inherent distrust in all things canine. Except for one dog that we inherited with the farm house I grew up in. His name was King and he was a great German Shepard.

There was another bad experience with a dog but I don't know if I should post it publicly...

I was just joking.

Our dog Lola is fiercely loyal to us. She's a big baby around us but if anyone else comes near the house, or especially in the house, she gets very aggressive. She's not a big dog at all but she's very protective. She seems to sense a person's comfort level. If a person acts scared or uneasy around Lola, it increases her aggressiveness. If you're comfortable with her she settles down quickly and becomes your best friend.

125 SW
80 lb LR
330w PC
Old 02-10-2005, 10:22 PM   #48
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I dig frogs.

125 SW
80 lb LR
330w PC
Old 02-10-2005, 10:37 PM   #49
God of primitive fishes

Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach101
No one likes frogs... whats wrong with you people!?!?!
Actually, its funny...I had some baby box turtles on display at a show once (and baby box turtles are the cutest things on earth), and some young woman walked by, glanced, and said "Ewwww...turtles!"....to me that is like saying "Ewwww...puppies!"...how could anyone think that they were icky?
www.calgaryaquariumsociety.com
Old 02-10-2005, 10:38 PM   #50
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfish
Whatever..... I am done with this thread. I seem to recall having had to do that with one of you other threads too.

There's lots of other threads, have at 'em.

125 SW
80 lb LR
330w PC
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com