Fundamental differences in human beings.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I am a:

• Dog Person

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cat Person

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rach101 said:
Cats are good for people who have other things to do or have trouble takeing care of animals like elderly people

I disagree

Im 21 and have always favored cats. I also have a dog and I take care of them both. I just prefer cats =o)

True.. I like kittys to cause their so independent.. and cute... and cuddly.... but my mums a dog person. Go figure... But my dog acts like a cat...smells like a rat... and makes loud screetching noises like a bat... Err...... NO I DO NOT WANT GREEN EGGS AND HAM SAM I AM... right..

Dogs are tops. They love you no matter who you are are what you look like in the morning. Cats are too snooty.

JG said:
Dogs are tops. They love you no matter who you are are what you look like in the morning. Cats are too snooty.

I will fight for cats till the end!

My cat loooooooooooves me and my boyfriend- she isn't too found of strangers- its not snobby its precaution *nod*

I think (in some cases.. not all) if a person went out, picked out there very own kitten and raised it (and loved it like they did their dog), they would see why some people are cat people. Dogs are friendly to everyone (moslty), cats are friendly to those they know love them.

I'd have to say I'm both, although my job/lifestyle just isn't compatible with a pet that requires the care and attention that a dog or cat does.

Also, I am allergic to cats, but that doesn't always stop me from petting them. :roll: Cats seem to sense my allergies and go out of their way to rub against me and swish their tails in my face. Of course, it' my own darn fault for petting them in the first place. :lol:

I have a dog, cat, and of course fish. My cat is a beautiful pure white cat......that I would give away in a heart beat!! My daughter won't let me...he, he.

I am a dog person, but really could do without one. I could'nt do without my current dog that was given to my daughter when she was 3. She is now 6 and Lexy has grown so much on us. She is a Minature Schnauzer, really more like a toy.

I love my fish just the same. So yes you can live on both sides of the fence.

Clown Monarch said:
Looks like I need to run some constantine wire along the top of my fence.

Why?

There's no barbed-wire fence separating FW and SW folks, so why should there be one separating dog and cat people? Lots of people like both, and some like neither.

I feel like cats are intellectually higher on the food chain than dogs. Cats take care of themselves in many ways, which is admirable. Dogs are too needy for my taste. It's not that they are hard to take care of, or require lots of work; they just need lots of attention. If I'm going to shower something with that kind of attention, it will be my kids.

Cats rule! - Mr. Tinkles, Cats & Dogs

That's not true - dogs can take care of themselves in all the same ways. Alright, maybe they won't poop in a box on the kitchen floor...

As far as neediness, this was what I wanted to find out. I theorized that far more "cat" people would be fish-tank owners than "dog" people. Obviously, I was off on that one.

A dog only seems needy because it wants to interact with it's owners - and it seems to me that "dog" people want to interact with their pets. At the risk of offending the hyper-sensitive, cat-owners seem to have a "hands-off" approach to pets and don't need to necessarily interact with them to enjoy their company. Fish would fall neatly into that "hands-off" category.

New theory:

People who enjoy fish also enjoy dogs because both animals are interesting. Cats are, well...

I'll stop there.

There is no theory. Cat people like cats because they do. While dog people like dogs because they do. You can't just tac a label on cat people like some of you guys have been doing.

Im not hyper sensitive about the cats, Im hyper sensitive as being labled all of these ridiculous things.
"Dog people want to interact with their pets"
Thats a load of horse poo. I think thats what you don't get... because you *dog* people don't interact with cats, doesn't mean us cat people do the same. I play with my cat all the time, I talk to her and she talks back.

Stop trying to figure why people like cats because all you are doing is being irritating.

*snarf*

It sounds to me that some members are out to make people mad. Remember that this is a family oriented forum, and although it's ok to disagree, there are ways of doing it without hurting someone else. Seems to me that some people would love to get a flame war started, and that will not be tolerated here at AA. Please try and understand, and get my drift here. It is not flying well with the God's that be. Thanks.

I don't understand the point of this thread. For the record, I am currently a cat-gerbil-degu-fish person, even though we own birds too, they are not my thing. One day soon I hope to be a cat-dog-gerbil-degu-fish person. By the end of next year, I may become a baby-cat-dog-gerbil-degu-fish person. And if the powers that be see me through all that, in 10 years, after we are settled down, I hope to become a teenager-cat-dog-gerbil-degu-fish-button quail-hamster-hedgehog-mini pony-goat-dwarf rabbit-maybe a couple of sheep-full sized horse person with lots of money so someone else cleans up after all the pets. In the very distant future, I will be a retired person and visit my kid's zoos.

I have cats and I have fish. I also have a very bad temper when pushed.

I dont like dogs but would and am consitering one since my wife says we need one for our child. We are thinking about one of those retired police dogs.

Cats are way more fun than dogs. Laser pointer+dark hallway+cat=hours of fun for all (including the cat). When Leo was small, we gave him a toy stuffed lion that was about the same size as him. When you throw it his way he'll jump to catch it. We called it his Jerry Rice impersonation (he's jumped as high as 4 feet to catch it). He carries it around the apartment in his mouth.

When he wants privacy, he slinks off where we can't find him. When he wants attention, he solicits it from us. We interact just fine; it's more of an adult relationship as opposed to a parent-toddler relationship (most dog owners I know say having a dog is a lot like having a young child).

Cats still rule!

Menagerie said:
I am currently a cat-gerbil-degu-fish person, even though we own birds too, they are not my thing. One day soon I hope to be a cat-dog-gerbil-degu-fish person. By the end of next year, I may become a baby-cat-dog-gerbil-degu-fish person. And if the powers that be see me through all that, in 10 years, after we are settled down, I hope to become a teenager-cat-dog-gerbil-degu-fish-button quail-hamster-hedgehog-mini pony-goat-dwarf rabbit-maybe a couple of sheep-full sized horse person with lots of money so someone else cleans up after all the pets.
:lach:
:D

Wow. No reason to get upset about a cat/dog thread.

This is the Open Forum, correct? Don't have too many political/religious discussions around here I'll wager.

This is the Open Forum, correct? Don't have too many political/religious discussions around here I'll wager.
Yes it is an open forum, but topics that "stir the pot" so to speak have had a history of getting out of line at some point. Thats why you see a lot of moderator responding to this thread recently. Some are feeling that this one is getting close and we just would like to see things stay civil.

Clown Monarch said:
Don't have too many political/religious discussions around here I'll wager.
They end up locked pretty quick. Too many people want to "get the last word in" and discussions turn into something other than discussions.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, Cats Rule!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom