Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-16-2005, 11:12 PM   #61
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
Hehe i always like how your sig's vary from day to day

its like
"I ate grilled cheese today.. and i thought 'what if grilled cheese had fins... i could put that in my 29 gal'
oh, and joe blow snorted milk out of his nose"

And two hours later its like "Scratch that, ham and cheese should have fins... they would be more dynamic in the water... they could be cheesy ham fish"

*snicker*

Old 02-17-2005, 02:50 AM   #62
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyquidphyre
Hehe i always like how your sig's vary from day to day

its like
"I ate grilled cheese today.. and i thought 'what if grilled cheese had fins... i could put that in my 29 gal'
oh, and joe blow snorted milk out of his nose"

And two hours later its like "Scratch that, ham and cheese should have fins... they would be more dynamic in the water... they could be cheesy ham fish"

*snicker*

What the? You ARE just talking this way to make a point, right? I thought youd lost a marble just now.

She left me before we met.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:33 PM   #63
Rudy_627

okkk

Old 02-18-2005, 03:05 PM   #64
Aquarium Advice FINatic

If I were a parent and my kid came to me with what sounded like a passing fancy I'd probably encourage him anyway, but I could see how a parent would not want an unmaintained glass box of smelly goop in the house.

Spend your free time studying and researching lake and marine life. Learn all you can and show a genuine interest in fishkeeping. If your parents see that you appear to be in it for better than a couple weeks, I'm sure they'll come around.

And the men who spurred us on sit in judgment of all wrong, they decide and the shotgun sings the song.

125 SW
80 lb LR
330w PC
Euphyllia, Alveopora, Pachyclauvularia (Metallic Green and Daisy), Frogspawn, Torch, Gold Nepthea, Kenya Tree, Galaxea, Pulsing Xenia, various leather (umbrella, toadstool, fingers, devil fingers, lettuce)
Maroon Clown/White tip LT anemone, Powder Blue Tang, Female Swallow Angel, SixLine Wrasse, Solar Fairy Wrasse, Firefish, Fathead Anthias, Blue Mandarin, 3 Chromis, 3 Green Gobies
Old 02-18-2005, 03:35 PM   #65
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well, I can't read all 7 pages of this thread now, but I can tell a little story. There once was a boy whose mother would not let him have a mini-bike or a B.B. gun. She just knew he would crash and get hurt, and shoot his eye out. That boy watched as all his friends played with thier mini-bikes and B.B. guns, and even got to try out his friends toys once in a while. Then, when the boy grew up, he no longer cared about mini-bikes and B.B. guns. Instead, he has a garage full of Motorcycles, especially the really fast ones, and a safe full of rifles and shotguns to play with. Think my Mom, errr.... I mean... His Mom knew best? Or did his unfulfilled childhood desires grow to become adult obsessions?
Old 02-18-2005, 04:01 PM   #66
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I don't know, my parents let me have aquariums when I was a kid - and even encouraged me.

I'm still obsessed.

And the men who spurred us on sit in judgment of all wrong, they decide and the shotgun sings the song.

125 SW
80 lb LR
330w PC
Euphyllia, Alveopora, Pachyclauvularia (Metallic Green and Daisy), Frogspawn, Torch, Gold Nepthea, Kenya Tree, Galaxea, Pulsing Xenia, various leather (umbrella, toadstool, fingers, devil fingers, lettuce)
Maroon Clown/White tip LT anemone, Powder Blue Tang, Female Swallow Angel, SixLine Wrasse, Solar Fairy Wrasse, Firefish, Fathead Anthias, Blue Mandarin, 3 Chromis, 3 Green Gobies
Old 02-18-2005, 07:08 PM   #67
Rudy_627

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Monarch
If I were a parent and my kid came to me with what sounded like a passing fancy I'd probably encourage him anyway, but I could see how a parent would not want an unmaintained glass box of smelly goop in the house.

Spend your free time studying and researching lake and marine life. Learn all you can and show a genuine interest in fishkeeping. If your parents see that you appear to be in it for better than a couple weeks, I'm sure they'll come around.

so your saying that i didnt learn anytrhing about fish and that i wont maintain it if i have been wanting one since october 8th? and everytime i had a fish i took care of it and i am OBSESSED with fish and i dont want i NEED a fish tank for me it will stop me from hanging around the bad crowd and doing drgs

so dont say that im not gonna take care of it cause i would i have alot of freetime at home and nothing to do

so i think i know what im doing if i get my fish tank ok?

Old 02-18-2005, 07:19 PM   #68
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
it will stop me from hanging around the bad crowd and doing drgs

This worries me. I hope you were kidding and not really doing drugs. 8O

Vote for AquariumAdvice
Old 02-18-2005, 07:24 PM   #69
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy_627
so your saying that i didnt learn anytrhing about fish and that i wont maintain it if i have been wanting one since october 8th? and everytime i had a fish i took care of it and i am OBSESSED with fish and i dont want i NEED a fish tank for me it will stop me from hanging around the bad crowd and doing drgs

so dont say that im not gonna take care of it cause i would i have alot of freetime at home and nothing to do

so i think i know what im doing if i get my fish tank ok?
rudy, I think he was just trying to help you. It sounds like you are having a hard time of it right now. Have they said anything more about it?
Old 02-19-2005, 01:10 AM   #70
Rudy_627

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmy2cents
Quote:
it will stop me from hanging around the bad crowd and doing drgs

This worries me. I hope you were kidding and not really doing drugs. 8O
what do you mean you hope i was kidding so that i DO do drugs?

i never did drugs and never will do drugs
reason #1 my dad is a pastor
reason #2 it screw up your brain and makes you stupid(literally)

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com