Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 02-16-2005, 11:12 PM   #61
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: McKinney, Tx
Posts: 3,548
Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
Hehe i always like how your sig's vary from day to day

its like
"I ate grilled cheese today.. and i thought 'what if grilled cheese had fins... i could put that in my 29 gal'
oh, and joe blow snorted milk out of his nose"

And two hours later its like "Scratch that, ham and cheese should have fins... they would be more dynamic in the water... they could be cheesy ham fish"

*snicker*
__________________

__________________

lyquidphyre is offline  
Old 02-17-2005, 02:50 AM   #62
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toano, Virginia!
Posts: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyquidphyre
Hehe i always like how your sig's vary from day to day

its like
"I ate grilled cheese today.. and i thought 'what if grilled cheese had fins... i could put that in my 29 gal'
oh, and joe blow snorted milk out of his nose"

And two hours later its like "Scratch that, ham and cheese should have fins... they would be more dynamic in the water... they could be cheesy ham fish"

*snicker*

What the? You ARE just talking this way to make a point, right? I thought youd lost a marble just now.
__________________

__________________
I almost dated a psychic.....


She left me before we met.
youronlysin is offline  
Old 02-18-2005, 02:33 PM   #63
Rudy_627
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
okkk
__________________
 
Old 02-18-2005, 03:05 PM   #64
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 711
If I were a parent and my kid came to me with what sounded like a passing fancy I'd probably encourage him anyway, but I could see how a parent would not want an unmaintained glass box of smelly goop in the house.

Spend your free time studying and researching lake and marine life. Learn all you can and show a genuine interest in fishkeeping. If your parents see that you appear to be in it for better than a couple weeks, I'm sure they'll come around.
__________________
We'll be fighting in the streets with our children at our feet, and the morals that they worshipped will be gone.

And the men who spurred us on sit in judgment of all wrong, they decide and the shotgun sings the song.



125 SW
80 lb LR
330w PC
Euphyllia, Alveopora, Pachyclauvularia (Metallic Green and Daisy), Frogspawn, Torch, Gold Nepthea, Kenya Tree, Galaxea, Pulsing Xenia, various leather (umbrella, toadstool, fingers, devil fingers, lettuce)
Maroon Clown/White tip LT anemone, Powder Blue Tang, Female Swallow Angel, SixLine Wrasse, Solar Fairy Wrasse, Firefish, Fathead Anthias, Blue Mandarin, 3 Chromis, 3 Green Gobies
Clown Monarch is offline  
Old 02-18-2005, 03:35 PM   #65
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
TomK2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Glen Ellyn, IL
Posts: 2,085
Well, I can't read all 7 pages of this thread now, but I can tell a little story. There once was a boy whose mother would not let him have a mini-bike or a B.B. gun. She just knew he would crash and get hurt, and shoot his eye out. That boy watched as all his friends played with thier mini-bikes and B.B. guns, and even got to try out his friends toys once in a while. Then, when the boy grew up, he no longer cared about mini-bikes and B.B. guns. Instead, he has a garage full of Motorcycles, especially the really fast ones, and a safe full of rifles and shotguns to play with. Think my Mom, errr.... I mean... His Mom knew best? Or did his unfulfilled childhood desires grow to become adult obsessions?
__________________
TomK2 is offline  
Old 02-18-2005, 04:01 PM   #66
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 711
I don't know, my parents let me have aquariums when I was a kid - and even encouraged me.

I'm still obsessed.
__________________
We'll be fighting in the streets with our children at our feet, and the morals that they worshipped will be gone.

And the men who spurred us on sit in judgment of all wrong, they decide and the shotgun sings the song.



125 SW
80 lb LR
330w PC
Euphyllia, Alveopora, Pachyclauvularia (Metallic Green and Daisy), Frogspawn, Torch, Gold Nepthea, Kenya Tree, Galaxea, Pulsing Xenia, various leather (umbrella, toadstool, fingers, devil fingers, lettuce)
Maroon Clown/White tip LT anemone, Powder Blue Tang, Female Swallow Angel, SixLine Wrasse, Solar Fairy Wrasse, Firefish, Fathead Anthias, Blue Mandarin, 3 Chromis, 3 Green Gobies
Clown Monarch is offline  
Old 02-18-2005, 07:08 PM   #67
Rudy_627
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Monarch
If I were a parent and my kid came to me with what sounded like a passing fancy I'd probably encourage him anyway, but I could see how a parent would not want an unmaintained glass box of smelly goop in the house.

Spend your free time studying and researching lake and marine life. Learn all you can and show a genuine interest in fishkeeping. If your parents see that you appear to be in it for better than a couple weeks, I'm sure they'll come around.

so your saying that i didnt learn anytrhing about fish and that i wont maintain it if i have been wanting one since october 8th? and everytime i had a fish i took care of it and i am OBSESSED with fish and i dont want i NEED a fish tank for me it will stop me from hanging around the bad crowd and doing drgs

so dont say that im not gonna take care of it cause i would i have alot of freetime at home and nothing to do

so i think i know what im doing if i get my fish tank ok?
__________________
 
Old 02-18-2005, 07:19 PM   #68
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Athens, TN.
Posts: 3,598
Quote:
it will stop me from hanging around the bad crowd and doing drgs

This worries me. I hope you were kidding and not really doing drugs. 8O
__________________
Gerald

Vote for AquariumAdvice
dralarms is offline  
Old 02-18-2005, 07:24 PM   #69
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Washington
Posts: 4,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy_627
so your saying that i didnt learn anytrhing about fish and that i wont maintain it if i have been wanting one since october 8th? and everytime i had a fish i took care of it and i am OBSESSED with fish and i dont want i NEED a fish tank for me it will stop me from hanging around the bad crowd and doing drgs

so dont say that im not gonna take care of it cause i would i have alot of freetime at home and nothing to do

so i think i know what im doing if i get my fish tank ok?
rudy, I think he was just trying to help you. It sounds like you are having a hard time of it right now. Have they said anything more about it?
__________________
Meredith is offline  
Old 02-19-2005, 01:10 AM   #70
Rudy_627
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmy2cents
Quote:
it will stop me from hanging around the bad crowd and doing drgs

This worries me. I hope you were kidding and not really doing drugs. 8O
what do you mean you hope i was kidding so that i DO do drugs?

i never did drugs and never will do drugs
reason #1 my dad is a pastor
reason #2 it screw up your brain and makes you stupid(literally)
__________________
 
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Goodbye GAE, Hello... black hills tj Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 5 08-04-2007 06:40 PM
I think it's time to say goodbye.... Puriti Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish 19 02-08-2006 07:33 PM
saying goodbye to our 29 :( steve r Saltwater Reef Aquaria 6 09-16-2005 01:02 AM
Had to say goodbye.... ADCISCO Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish 19 09-30-2003 12:58 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.