Guppy fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you go to the store you got them from they should take them just get a bag they use their fish for to put them in and put it in an insulated lunchbox for transport if it's cold

Sent from a pelipper

Thanks! I'm going to give some away, sell some to the LFS, and keep some. They're so cute! I know it would be easier to just let them be eaten, but I just can't have that happen.

Sent from my iPhone

Even more guppies! The last pregnant one gave birth last night or early this morning.

Sent from my iPhone

How long does it usually take before you can tell the males and female guppies apart?

Sent from my iPhone

5-8 weeks I believe ?

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
36g Rescape in Progress!
10g Orchid Endler's N-Class

Be sure to share when you have pics!!

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

36g Rescape in Progress!
10g Orchid Endler's N-Class

I should probably move them to the main tank pretty soon. They are outgrowing the nursery fast, but I still don't know if they are the right size. I never want to underestimate a fish's mouth.

Update on the guppy fry: They still are too small to go in the adult tank, but rapidly outgrowing the baby tank, so I moved them to a slightly larger one with better filtration. They have never felt a power filter before, so they are swimming right up to the filter in huge groups and letting the flow push them all backwards. And then they go back and do it again. If they could talk, I bet they would all be saying, "WHEEEEEEE!!!" Oh, and I finally counted them and there are 22.

Well, it looks like there is more fry coming soon. At least two guppies are pregnant again. I think I read somewhere that female guppies can become pregnant multiple times with no males, is that correct?

I have been trying to find people to give them to, but it isn't really working. First I tried selling them, then giving them away, and now I'm seriously considering paying people to take them! ?

Yay! I found someone who might be interested in ten of them! Unfortunately, the two pregnant ones will sort of cancel that out...

Would I be able to put the guppy fry in my 20 gallon temporarily? It currently only has 8 zebra danios.

Well, females can even store sperm for much longer than 6 months. Even up till a year. But in that last case the quality could get less.

Should I be able to tell the difference between male and female by now? They are almost a month old.

Back
Top Bottom