Has anyone seen this toy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishyfanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been hunting for the Fisher-Price Power Touch Baby Learning System. It was advertised in the Toys R Us flyer but none of the stores that I went to have it. I've been searching online and can't seem to find one anywhere. I figured that at least 1 Toys R Us would have it but after scouring four of them, none had it. Anyone seen this thing? There are two versions, the regular and the Baby Touch. They all had the regular one, but none had the Baby version. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

No, that's the regular one. I need the Power Touch Baby Learning System. It was $29 at Toys R Us. Then they had the regular one (the one you linked) for $40. They put me down as a rain check since it was 50% off today, but who knows if they will ever call me. They opened up the Rain Check book and it was a page full of the Baby version. I'm assuming this is something new this year and everyone wants it. I ran into four people at Toys R Us this afternoon looking for the same thing.

I have something similar to that for my daughter, but its by leapfrog. she loves it, when she decides to play with it.

Huh... I found one of these just laying on top of some other item at Toys R Us on Friday. My wife, being cruel and inhuman, extorted me to go shopping with her that dark, dark day. I still have bruises from the arms of women flailing for the last of this or that. I tried to stay 6 feet from everyone, but the press of human flesh prevented it. It was insane. However, during the insanity, I saw this box on top of some other boxes, and it had a big piece of paper on it that said "$14.99" in large red numerals. I picked it up, looked at it, lifted the sheet of paper and it said "Baby learning system". I read it outloud, thought "this would be good for my 2 month old AND my 20 month old." Women were glaring at me, a couple muttered something that almost definitely would fit the definition of rude, and I casually tossed it into my wife's cart. She said "What's that?", to which I replied "I don't know, but since those women want it, we're buying it."

Seems like fate was smiling on my for my tribulations. Hope fate smiles on you as well, but TRS does have them. Or did.

Thanks for the link! I'll definately read through it. I couldn't find any reviews or anything on Amazon, guess I'm not a good searcher. :D I did try all of the Toys R Us stores in an hours radius and could not find one anywhere that had them in stock.

After reading those reviews, I may have to second guess purchasing it. Maybe I'll try the leap frog line, they seemed to have an abundance of those available.

If you are still interested, eBay seems to have some on their for purchase. I think FP is slowly phasing out the Power Touch. That's been my retail experience with it anyways. It seems to be out of stock everywhere.

Best of luck finding it. I will put in a good word for the Leap Pad though. I bought one of these for a friends baby, and it's been so fun watching the little one play with it. They have a Little Touch Leap Pad for small, small kids.

I saw some on Ebay, but considering that they are $15 in the store, it seemed outrageous for me to pay $60 for one (that's the price I saw the other day).

I'll check out the Little Touch Leap Pad. Hunter will be 2 in Feb and they want something that will help teach the ABC's, colors, stuff like that. Thanks guys! Any other learning toys that are recommended?

I will add another vote for the Leapfrog line. They just make good stuff. As for searching on Eaby, if you get multiple pages, make sure to check the most recent listings and not just the auctions that are about to close. You may find some with a reasonable "buy it now" price.

Thanks bosk1. I have a Toys R Us gift card since I purchased then returned the regular Power Touch Learning System so I'll just purchase the Leap Frog from Toys R Us. The concept of the Baby Learning System sounds great, its just a shame that it doesn't live up to it. Glad I asked here first. :) I would have hated to buy him something that is junk.

I vote for everything Leapfrog! The movies, the games, the toys! My son has gotten a lot out of them! He is currently fascinated with his Leapster and plays with it a lot. He enjoys playing and doesn't even realize that he is learning. The Talking Letter Factory is tops when the kids are ready for their ABC's! LeapFrog scores a 10 out of 10 in my house. Oh, just in case you are wondering, I do not work for them nor was I paid for this endorsement :D

LOL! Can you recommend a good Leap Frog starter "toy"? He will be 2 in Feb. He doesn't know his ABCs or colors, but he is really observant. He blows my mind in how much stuff he retains. For example, when I turned on my moms XM radio one night, he watched me do it. The boombox has really small buttons. The next day he walked in there and pushed ONLY that 1 button. He knew how to turn it on. And now he knows how to turn up the sound, change channels, everything. The fan remotes, he knows exactly what button to push to make it faster and turn on/off the light. He knows exactly what button to push on the phone to call "daddy". It's just a single speed dial button that has Dustin's name written on it, but still, he knows which button to push. And I have no clue what kind of toy is for him. Basically Mandi wanted something that would aid in him learning colors, shapes, and the ABCs. I'll probably go tomorrow evening and get something. Thanks!

My son did not have the Little touch system. That one is new I think and I do not know much about it. He did have the "My First LeapPad" and enjoyed it very much but I think that one might be a little older than what you are looking for. I know that it does teach ABC's, colors, etc. Good Luck. Sorry I am having a brain fade as to what else he played with at 2. It seems so long ago.

LOL That's ok Green. :D I am having just as much trouble with my other nephew who is 11. I see him probably 4 times a year and buying for him is very difficult. What does an 11 year old play with? He loves his PS2 but trying to get him games is difficult since I don't know what 11 year olds play. I purchased SOCOM 2 for him, but apparently he has it and has beaten it twice. But the price of SOCOM 3 is just outrageous. Well, outrageous for me to buy anyways. So tonight I am returning 2 and will attempt to get him something that he doesn't already own.

What ever happened to the days where kids got excited over getting a sled for Christmas? I know that when I was 6 my parents gave me one of those cheap floppy plastic sleds that rolled up. Not exactly safe, but I was estatic for weeks over that thing. It was nothing fancy or expensive. Or better yet, my brother got a kite one year and thought that it was the best thing in the world. Now all they ask for is $70 video games and $400 game counsels. Oh well. I guess times are changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom