Help I don’t know what this is

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karlbrixey

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello

I am new to fish keeping and was wondering if someone could help me. I have had this stuff in the picture popping up around my tank I have cardinal tetra, guppies and platy in my tank. I was wondering if this may be egg spawn from the cardinal it has just started popping up out of no where and I have no ideas what this is

Thank you in advance for any help

Attachments

• 4E12075E-1AEC-4A2C-91C8-5B80F7993FC0.jpg
    4E12075E-1AEC-4A2C-91C8-5B80F7993FC0.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 66
Hello

I am new to fish keeping and was wondering if someone could help me. I have had this stuff in the picture popping up around my tank I have cardinal tetra, guppies and platy in my tank. I was wondering if this may be egg spawn from the cardinal it has just started popping up out of no where and I have no ideas what this is

Thank you in advance for any help
Looks like a batch of snail eggs....

Hi
Yes I do I have been tying to get rid of them theycame in on a batch of plants and befor I knew what I was doing I just planted them and now I have thousands of them

Might want to get you a couple of assassin snails to keep them in check.....

Weigh down a big piece of lettuce just before lights off. Check in a few hours. If the lettuce is covered with snails then pull and pitch. I wouldn’t leave the vege in the water more then a day or so

Snail eggs. Just pich them or pull them out. Not harmful if they don't hatch.

Hi
Yes I do I have been tying to get rid of them theycame in on a batch of plants and befor I knew what I was doing I just planted them and now I have thousands of them

Not to be the bear of bad news but it’s really hard to get rid of snails my uncle had a snail problem he took everything out of his tank bleached it and everything in it waited a few weeks then set up his tank again and sure as heck in 3 weeks they where back if u can for next time ask if any of the plants before u get them if they have been with snails because of snail eggs

Hello, if your tank is 20gal+ you could get a yoyo loach. From what I've researched can be kept as single or groups of 3+. Sz is 3"- 5". I have 1 & he does great job w/snails & hangs w/my blood red parrot. Active & playful w/tankmates. Hope this helps!20190218_220229.jpg

Back
Top Bottom