Help?! New to fish keeping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mishyc

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've had my neon tetras nearly 3 weeks, all was going well till today. Don't know if this is a problem or not, my water has been cloudy a few days but today there is foam bubbles on top of the water! I looked at the filter and there is brown gunk on it(food/waste?). I've been regularly testing the water since I got the fish but still all the readings come up 0ppm, I did a 5 ltr water change 2 days ago! Is this normal, should I clean the filter even though the nitrogen cycle hasn't started yet, or leave it till the tank starts cycling?

I've had my neon tetras nearly 3 weeks, all was going well till today. Don't know if this is a problem or not, my water has been cloudy a few days but today there is foam bubbles on top of the water! I looked at the filter and there is brown gunk on it(food/waste?). I've been regularly testing the water since I got the fish but still all the readings come up 0ppm, I did a 5 ltr water change 2 days ago! Is this normal, should I clean the filter even though the nitrogen cycle hasn't started yet, or leave it till the tank starts cycling?
If your running meds in the water always take out your filters.

If your running meds in the water always take out your filters.

Hi, I'm not putting medication in the water, I only have put filter boost and tap safe in! The fish seem happy

Back
Top Bottom