Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-11-2013, 03:42 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

Let's see I got my 45 for Christmas in 7th grade, didn't get anything else until I started dating my girlfriend. We then got three snakes which each require a tank. Then in the next year I got three more snakes, a 125 gallon, a 36 gallon, four 10 gallons, fluval edge and a number of smaller tanks. Now I'm planning on adding five more 10 gallons lol.

Old 10-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to bud29
How long did it take me to get MTS? About a week. How long did it take my parents to let me try to cure the disease? Still working on it.

That said, I do have more than one tank, but they've drawn the line now - no more tanks until I'm out of the house I currently have a 55g, 29g, 11g, 10g, and 5g.

Old 10-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I went fishless for about 3 years. Just thinking about it all what I wanted, etc.

I wanted a 46G Bowfront tank. Pretty big enough for some schools of tetras, and other peaceful fish. But it was so surprising to my spouse about how big it was...

So I got a brand new 16G bowfront set up (kit) still in the box for $50. With the thought that I would wait a good while and see if I still liked fish enough to invest in a "big" 46G not a big tank here on AA but big for the spouse.

Got a pond for Koi.

Waited a year.

Then I went crazy!

Over the course of time...bought approx 5 additional tanks, the bigger ones a 39G flat back Hex and a 40G breeder, and a 37 G and a few smaller ones 1.5-3G for Bettas. Daughter gave me her 6.6G Edge.

Shopping for a 46G bowfront upgrade and found the 72G bowfront for the same price I was willing to spend for the 46G max price 200 for EVERYTHING, got the 72G with everything instead, lol!!!

I keep upgrading the tanks I have, now 12G Edge and a 5G Chi. I have a little 2.5G Plastic Aqueon which looks like a mini bowfront and spouse actually said I needed to upgrade it because the glass ones looked so much nicer, lol. Got him! He calls the living room the fish room or TV room.

I catch a little flack. He says oh there's a little room over here, you wanna put a fish tank here too? And I smile fiendishly... With a glint of giddy fire in my eyes... lol

Was at 12 now at 9, one is just temporary for a couple more days till the baby blue cray goes to his new home, and one will get dismantled and put into existing tanks so that will be 7...The Koi went to a new pond home after I moved....

Trust...I was thinking 3 tanks also, but there is always a need for another one!!!

I prefer the smaller tanks. The 72G is a monster but looks so beautiful. My favorite tank is the 6.6G Edge and has been for awhile.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I dream of having a 75 gal but can't afford it plus roomates might panic lol
Old 10-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

I got my my 125 gallon in 2008, then in 2009, a 75, I dont have those now, but last year in January, I got a 55, a 29 in may, and a 5.5 in April, I hope to be getting a 400 in about a year
Old 10-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
I went fishless for about 3 years. Just thinking about it all what I wanted, etc. I wanted a 46G Bowfront tank. Pretty big enough for some schools of tetras, and other peaceful fish. But it was so surprising to my spouse about how big it was... So I got a brand new 16G bowfront set up (kit) still in the box for $50. With the thought that I would wait a good while and see if I still liked fish enough to invest in a "big" 46G not a big tank here on AA but big for the spouse. Got a pond for Koi. Waited a year. Then I went crazy! Over the course of time...bought approx 5 additional tanks, the bigger ones a 39G flat back Hex and a 40G breeder, and a 37 G and a few smaller ones 1.5-3G for Bettas. Daughter gave me her 6.6G Edge. Shopping for a 46G bowfront upgrade and found the 72G bowfront for the same price I was willing to spend for the 46G max price 200 for EVERYTHING, got the 72G with everything instead, lol!!! I keep upgrading the tanks I have, now 12G Edge and a 5G Chi. I have a little 2.5G Plastic Aqueon which looks like a mini bowfront and spouse actually said I needed to upgrade it because the glass ones looked so much nicer, lol. Got him! He calls the living room the fish room or TV room. I catch a little flack. He says oh there's a little room over here, you wanna put a fish tank here too? And I smile fiendishly... With a glint of giddy fire in my eyes... lol Was at 12 now at 9, one is just temporary for a couple more days till the baby blue cray goes to his new home, and one will get dismantled and put into existing tanks so that will be 7...The Koi went to a new pond home after I moved.... Trust...I was thinking 3 tanks also, but there is always a need for another one!!! I prefer the smaller tanks. The 72G is a monster but looks so beautiful. My favorite tank is the 6.6G Edge and has been for awhile.
Lol thats pretty crazy! Trust me, i get flack about my tanks a lot too! People ask when i'm gonna start putting fish in my pool
Old 10-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #37

I got my first tank in may of 2013. (20g freshwater) then i got my 2nd tank in the begging of august 2013 (37g reef) and my 3rd tank today! (60g cube with 20g sump soon to be reef)
Old 10-12-2013, 05:34 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Activist

I got a 3 in June of 2012. By July I had the 3 and two 10s. I got a 20 for Christmas And by february I had four 10s, the 20, the 3, a 5, and a bunch of kritter keepers. I now have six 10s, one 5, one 3, one 2.5, two kritter keepers, two 20s, a 29, and a 36. Did I mention I'm only 15 years old?
Old 10-12-2013, 05:34 PM   #39

And next build will be a 220g SA cichlid tank, hopfully after a few birthdays and christmas's! Lol
Old 10-12-2013, 05:34 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Activist

And I'm starting a pond in the spring.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com