how many tanks do you have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Between my dad, my 2 brothers and I, we have 5 set up FW tanks and 2 about to be ..... yes my mom is very patient and supporting! lol

Dad - 75 gal community
Brother #1 - 10 gal 5 mollies
Brother #2 - 10 gal 1 betta, 1 goldfish,8 zebra danios, 5 lampeye tetras

Me - 29 gallon 3 polkadot loaches...community
30 gallon tall 1 red oscar

yet to b set up - 10 gal breeder for oscar food :).
29 gal with slate bottom and stainless steel frame. awesome, old and was a pain to re seel. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
55 fowlr
55 coral reef
55 frag (in progress)

Testing my limits with the wife before she tells me no more tanks :ROFLMAO:

Shoei said:
55 fowlr
55 coral reef
55 frag (in progress)

Testing my limits with the wife before she tells me no more tanks :ROFLMAO:

Compromise, tell her that you will go down to one tank, but insist on a 200 gallon.

I have a 55 gallon, 10 gallon, 5 gallon and a 30 gallon that isn't setup. All freshwater. I think I'm going to be selling the 30 gallon as we have limited room in a 2 bedroom apartment with a new baby. But I'd love to do a 30 gallon saltwater if I had supreme fundage.

Compromise, tell her that you will go down to one tank, but insist on a 200 gallon.

The other day we stopped by a new saltwater store and they had this 200 gallon filled with frags and 2 tangs a yellow and sailfin. I was all over that tank it was so smexi i wanted it and the frags. She didnt tell me no so I got my foot in the door for a future tank i think. For me to get my second tank i had to bribe her allowing her to pick the fish for it :ROFLMAO: I have the perfect spot for the 200 to but i have to get her ok first or she will drown me in the 200 for sure!

Shoei said:
The other day we stopped by a new saltwater store and they had this 200 gallon filled with frags and 2 tangs a yellow and sailfin. I was all over that tank it was so smexi i wanted it and the frags. She didnt tell me no so I got my foot in the door for a future tank i think. For me to get my second tank i had to bribe her allowing her to pick the fish for it :ROFLMAO: I have the perfect spot for the 200 to but i have to get her ok first or she will drown me in the 200 for sure!

It's worth letting your wife pick out the fish. As long as you get your corals right?

I have

75 gallon reef
37 gallon reef
20H gallon livebearers
29 Gallon barbs
20L gallon community
1.5 gallon betta

Four running. Starting a fifth saltwater.

Oh and when school starts I'll be donating an extra tank and maintenance to a friends second grade classroom! So six!

I only have four.
55 gal mbuna
55 gal barbs, tetras, danios
20 gal guppy
10 gal qt/hospital/growout. Currently with a dozen yellow lab fry.

But i did sell a 29 gal & 10 gal to keep the peace at home.

I have five.
100g
75g
55g
30g
25g
I had to thin out my stock getting ready for the up and coming move.

DragonFish71 said:
Not yet but working on it. Adding a 33long for shrimp (the 6 foot homemade will cost more in glass alone) and still talking the hubby into not needing a couch downstairs :brows:

Lol I put a couch in or den where we set the fish tanks up at. Started off with one 60 gallon now the walls are lined and debating about taking the couch back out to add more fish tanks.

ForumRunner_20120719_194821.jpg

when i had the lineup along a wall last year I posted the pic on facebook, and I had someone tell me "why not just get one big tank and just put everything in it?". I had to find the nicest words to tell her it doesnt really work like that, and a hobbyist cant have just one tank :)

still contemplating putting a nano in my bedroom :brows:

cbourg746 said:
5 fresh water tanks set up now:
10g son's room
10g man cave
30g man cave
55g man cave
75g man cave

Also have a 150g in storage.......no place to put it right now. :-(

Update.......new 55 gal setup today!!!! Craigslist is my best friend and my wife's worst enemy!!! Lol

Nimo said:
From left to right 60 gal, 20 gal long, 30 gal, 20 gal tall, 10 gal.
Those are just what's in the picture, I also have another 10 gal, a 2 1/2 gal and a 2 gal.

Adding another 20 gallon long. green spotted puffer tank that will slowly be converted to marine. Whoohooo!

Back
Top Bottom