how old were you when you got your first aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

how old were you when you got your first aquarium

• 0-10

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • 11-20

Votes: 60 44.8%
  • 21-30

Votes: 13 9.7%
  • 31-40

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • 41-50

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 51-60

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 61 +

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well my family has always had a beta in a vase with a peace lilly, but I just set up my first real tank last Sunday. 17 and 70g of water, three different species of goldfish!

Hmm... I kinda don't count my bioOrb because I'm embarrassed by that, but 15 with the bioOrb :) catfish and minnow. Still alive and well

I was 13 when I bought my first tank. Now with 29 I'm still loving this Hobby :)

got my first tank from my dad for christmas when I was 11. I'm 53 now and have 3 tanks which will never be enough....just don't tell my hubby

I have had fw as long asi can remember untill April 2011 sw since nov 2009. My own sw since aug 2011 just started the build thread. Ps I'm 18 next week

My grandparents have had a big 120 gallon or so fw tank on the back porch of their house ever since I can remember and they've always had koi fish, I've never been a fan of fw fish but Since I was a little kid I wanted a sw aquarium like that, but I could never get one any size just because it was too expensive, but I'm 20 now and my friend just wanted to upgrade to a bigger tank since she's moving and she gave me her 15g sw tank for free, and I love it. Thank god for awesome friends

I started with a 30 gallon FW tank stocked with perch that I caught, I was 20. Then added a bass, garfish, plecos, some crawfish. Just upgraded to SW. Bought a 180 gallon setup last week. Chipped the tank and had to set up plan b 20 gallon. Had an interesting crash course in SW tanks. But through all the headaches kept my harlequin sweetlips alive that I got with the tank. Apparently they are hard to keep. Granted its only been a week but seeing him active and eating was an incredible feeling. I'm hooked now. Aquarium geek for life.

I've had a family one my whole life with my dad. But now I live with my mom and I had to buy my own. I'm 16 and have a 32 and a 75G. I had a ten but I gave it to my friend for his betta that was in a gallon tank

Five, when I got my first thirty gallon tank with a Molly a goldfish and a white swordtail for my birthday. I've been obsessed with fish ever since.

I've had a family one my whole life with my dad. But now I live with my mom and I had to buy my own. I'm 16 and have a 32 and a 75G. I had a ten but I gave it to my friend for his betta that was in a gallon tank

That was very cool of you to give your friends Betta a bigger home. I bet he's a much happier fish in his 10g home, instead of his mini 1g home.

Well after AA I wasn't about to let the poor fish suffer. And I got my friend into fish too so its a win win haha

Well after AA I wasn't about to let the poor fish suffer. And I got my friend into fish too so its a win win haha
I know what you mean. When your friends aren't into fish they look at you with a blank stare when you start talking fish. But if they are addicted to the hobby too, you can babble fish for hours. It's more fun that way.

Haha he still looks at me with a blank stare. I don't really talk bout fish to anyone but my girlfriend. But even then she just smile and nods. Haha

Back
Top Bottom