Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-05-2011, 12:41 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

<-- handing out reality pills to those who are comparing world-class aquariums in major cities with a home fish tank.......

75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:46 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Freak

Pros: no feathers, fur, seeds, food all over the house. No cat box to clean, no poop to scoop. No squawking, screeching, meowing or barking. No stinky smells.
Cons: can't cuddle a fish.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:58 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer8

Just because its easier and cheaper doesnt mean its better. I love fish, i belong to this website after all, that should say something but i think of fish as a hobby and dogs as family.
Lol! I never meant that fish were better! You totally misunderstood me! With all my many years of caring for animals and having all different kinds of pets they are definitely IMO the easiest and least expensive!! Like I said before I wouldn't trade any of my animals for all the tea in china, I LOVE them all, dogs being my favorite!! And all my animals live at my house except for my horse who's at my grandma's in the country!! and they're all part of the family! I was just pointing out the pros in keeping fish vs. other animals especially for younger people who are students and live in dorms or small apartments and live on a tight budget and who otherwise might not be able to have pets.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:34 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I tend to spend so much on fish lol. Im always getting a weird fish with different requirements.
See if you dad will let you do a saltwater tank
Old 12-06-2011, 11:59 AM   #35
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaB View Post
<-- handing out reality pills to those who are comparing world-class aquariums in major cities with a home fish tank.......
Simply a counter argument to the notion of "boring." Not an actual, linear comparison.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:27 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Boring is his own opinion, tell him your interest in the fish and how much you have to know about biology, chemistry, etc to maintain it. Explain that it is a responsibility that you have to do and it builds a good work ethic.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:33 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict

Show him the research you know and that you are serious about it. I had to right about 15-20 pages worth of essays and I only have 1 thirty gallon. I wasn't exaggerating either lol. If they know your serious about it, that might change their minds.
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:29 AM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I think I might have him convinced... He asks me where I go to buy fish and has been asking a lot of fish related questions.
maxwellag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:32 AM   #39
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwellag
I think I might have him convinced... He asks me where I go to buy fish and has been asking a lot of fish related questions.
Good jobb!!
30G- S. and C. America tank
Fishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:34 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict

Great! Now don't torture him with questions. I tend to do that from time to time lol.. For example, I'm getting corals soon and asked when. We didn't come up with a conclusion so I asked what was happening with it and they got annoyed.

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com