Husband of pregnant missing woman arrested!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it with guy's killing their wives? Shoot that's what divorce is for. If you hate her that much then leave but killing is out of the question. :evil:

The sickest thing is that we all knew it was him from the start. I go out for a power walk for an hour every morning at 5:30, and when this first happened my husband was flipping out that this is what happens to women who go out to exercise early. I just knew it was her husband, and that's a shame that I jump to that conclusion every time. (Nicole Simpson, Lacy Peterson)

Don't mean to get on a soap box, but the other thing that bugged me was that how come underpriveleged women living in poverty who are not as photogenic as Lori Hacking don't get media attention when they go missing? Women go missing all of the time and I always wonder how they decide whose family gets to go on the Today show and who sits at home wringing their hands by themselves? Nobody needs to explain it to me, but it just annoys me. :?

TankGirl said:
I just knew it was her husband, and that's a shame that I jump to that conclusion every time. (Nicole Simpson, Lacy Peterson)

Yicks! Are you married? I always tend to think the opposite (maybe because I am married and cannot imagine anything like that ever happening to me!) ...

--- edit here ---
Nevermind, I just remembering reading that your hubby was telling you not to go walk early in the morning...
---- end of edit ---

You would think that love would get over everything - well... *mostly* everything. Lying about being on medical school is not such a big deal, it is not like he was having an affair orgy with a transvestites and prostitutes. ;) Big deal...

TankGirl said:
Don't mean to get on a soap box, but the other thing that bugged me was that how come underpriveleged women living in poverty who are not as photogenic as Lori Hacking don't get media attention when they go missing? Women go missing all of the time and I always wonder how they decide whose family gets to go on the Today show and who sits at home wringing their hands by themselves? Nobody needs to explain it to me, but it just annoys me. :?

Barbie dolls are so precious that when they go missing everyone worries about. :roll: It may sound selfish, but I don't really care if Lacy Peterson or Paris Hilton or whoever "barbie doll" goes missing. I know, they are people too, and have families and people who loves them, but so do UGLY people! I feel just as annoyed, so don't feel alone on that.

Divorce is aginst the bible so why dont they just not get married in the first place?

This is true. And all sin is equal, But I would rather see them divorce than someone end up dead. That's all I was saying.

Why spend all the money on a divorce, when if you kill them you can collect life insurance??? Murder.... the gift that keeps on giving...

*note* this post is DRIPPING in scarasm!!!

I just knew it was her husband, and that's a shame that I jump to that conclusion every time. (Nicole Simpson, Lacy Peterson)

Yikes.....! This guy is already guilty by measure of this discussion. They haven't even discussed the "evidence" in this case. With Lacy Perterson, from what I have seen and heard about it (and I may be missing some of this information), the guy did do some pretty weird things while she was "missing". But that don't make him a murderer. Our court system is suppose to decide that. Based on what I have for information, they only have circumstantial evidence against him anyway. Although I know that is enough in this day and age to convict.

The media convicted the husband in the Perterson case long before he went to trial. Everyone in the country knew what happened and the media painted a grim picture of this guy, and broadcasted every single "oddball" thing he has done in his life to the public. What kind of response would you think that would bring from people like you and I?.....Yep he did it. Based on what we have heard, and where did you hear it, yep the media.

Same thing is going to happen to this guy too. I am not saying that he is or is not a murderer, but I am saying he is Not Guilty until a jury of his peers (however tainted they may be, by news stories about him) says he is guilty. This is suppose to be one of the "truths" that are held dearly to all Americans. Unfortunately in this day and age, it is no longer a truth, but a myth.

I try to think what it would be like if this had happened to me. I have done some strange things in my life that I will not mention :) . But they could easily come back to haunt me in a situation like this, and make me look very bad to the public, who will happen to be my peers and sit in judgement of me for some crime. I don't like the thought.

Tankgirl, I used your quote only to validate what the discussion is about. I mean no harm or disrespect to you. But this seems to be the "general" consensus about this case already. You may be right. I hope you are not. I would hate to see something that God has joined together be torn apart by a mere man.

Just my thoughts on this and the Peterson case. OJ ?......Well technicalities has a place in everything.

OK, my wife just knocked me off my soapbox........Peace.

Mike

That is why I mention it - it is a SHAME that we all jump to those conclusions. He is as good as fried by the media, that is for sure, but it is in human nature to go after the easiest target, because we are so horrified by the crime.

Dumping and replacing a mattress just before reporting her missing is the bit that did me in, but all of the "facts" are leaked by the police (they really should NOT do that) help to sway public opinion, and the police want to keep this tidy and use the public to help them wrap this case up quickly.

Thank you for tempering our discussion, Mike - it is important that we keep these things in mind. :D

LOL...my wife wanted to beat my A**. She said you are gonna start a fight! But this does prove beyond a shadow of a dounbt, that she (my wife) is not right all the time. I tell her that always but she never believes me...LOL

Mike

Well looks like he did it....he has admitted to it so to speak. I humble myself before you tankgirl........my wife is now laughing at me.

Well I hate to be right, and I certainly made assumptions like in the other high-profile cases.

Sometimes when you hear hoofbeats comin' down the road it actually IS a zebra, and that's why in the absence of a confession great care must be taken in an investigation. Looks like Scott Peterson might get off. We may never know about that one. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom